Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Problems, problems, problems
By susie1975_19999

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The electronics on this car has been a nightmare!Air conditioner, several sensors, dash board assembly, multi function switch, catalytic converter, gas cap have all been replaced! Most all of these items have cost me over 500 every time! Multi function switch, when it goes bad headlights will go out on you going down the road! Of course there are never any re-calls for these problems and every time something else goes wrong dealer ship says those cars are known for this! I've called GM several times about the car and told them they sold me a piece of junk but they never offer to replace anything! Wish I had never laid eyes on this car. It will be traded off! GM never again !

Heated seats

Replace all the junkie electronics on these cars and give better warranty!

Great performance and comfort
By RW

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my SS a year ago and couldn't be happier with it. It is fun to drive, comfortable and gets great fuel economy to boot! I average over 30mpg on the highway and usually get around 26mpg overall.

The power heated leather seats and steering wheel controls contribute to an excellent overall driving experience.

A Knock Out Car - But
By RonD

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car's appearance and performance. But, I have had a problem with grinding disc brakes since the day I purchased it (3 yrs). Dealer and a second party both say there is no problem with the brakes just rust from rain. It is most distracting on such a great looking and otherwise great performing car. Surprised that no other review mentioned this issue.

Appearance, gas mileage, and performance other than the brakes.

Different disc brake system.

Love my Monte
By chevy girl

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'd never been in a Monte Carlo until I test drove mine. It was love as soon as I sat in the driver's seat. Way comfortable, love how it handles. But it seems like it's lost power and isn't fast enough for me anymore. It didn't hold it's value as well as i was hoping it would have too but it's one hell of a solid car!

Sunroof, radio controls on steering wheel, and the great gas mileage!

Needs the V-8 (which the 2006 and 2007 have now) Wish it would have held its value better then what it did

My 1st Monte Carlo
By Waltm

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this car, it's roomy, responsive, and has some serious torque to it when you have to get on the gas. I like the sound system, I like the leather, I love the exterior design. All around an awesome car.

Roomy interior, sleek looking exterior.

None