Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Great Car
By 04montess

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great gas mileage. Roomy interior with lots of storage. Large aftermarket for parts.

Heated seats, moon roof

Power and interior refinement. Looks like a Chevy interior.

One Sick Ride!
By Max

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my SS Supercharged Monte Carlo in March of 2008 as a traveling vehicle. I'm in the US Navy and commute once a month at least 500 miles (8hour) drive to and from the desert. And the Monte Carlo is sick! It handles with care and is definitley reliable. Mine has taken me everywhere, literally! The only problem I have had with it is the sensors with the fuel system my gas guage went out on me and stays on full at all times. But it's not a big deal really I just keep track of my mileage as I drive cross country! Other than that I love my new whip and plan on keeping it at least 20 years, or until I buy my BMW one day. I strongly recommend this vehicle!

The leather, radio, quick pick up, and overall performance.

More reliable sensors, and they should all come with sun roofs.

Enjoyable
By Happy

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A fun and very enjoyable car for traveling distance trips and local. I have not had any problems with my Monte Carlo, nor any of my GM vehicles. It runs very quiet at all speed levels and is very durable in all conditions.

Best Monte Carlo since the 1970 version
By Scott Riggi

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My Father bought the first Monte Carlo in 1970, which had the 400 small block engine. I have owned the 1977, 1987 and the 2004. As I stated the 2004 supercharged is my favorite. Everything you could ask for in a sport car coup. The coups are a dying breed. And the same has hit the Monte Carlo again. If I am going to purchase a four door I will purchase a Cadillac or LIncoln. Which I have done in the past. The change over from the 2004-2005 to the last version is not very attractive compared to the 2004 version. Gone are the bowtie headlamps. Gone the hood design and front and rear quarter panels. The only good thing was the V8.

Body design, Supercharged V6, interior, xm radio comfort seating. Heated seating. Once you have heated seating (which in upstate New York is appreciated) it is hard to go back and not have them. Great stereo system. XM, CD and cassette. who has that any more. Cassettes being the 8 track for today.

I wish that GM had the for sight to have the onstar in digital and not analog. Great feature I used it more than ounce to report accidents and accidents waiting to happen. Quickest response you could ever have.

Loving my Monte
By Silver Monte

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Carlo for a few months now. So far I'm loving it, no problems with it. Recently got dual exhuast for it with bow tie tips looks nice. I would definetely buy this car again if Chevy brought it back. I would not give this car up for anything else. except for my mom's 2008 Malibu LTZ.

Sunroof. Dual climate control. Power windows. The wiper blades. The feeling of driving a true American muscle car!.

MPG. More horsepower & torque. Easier access to the rear seats. More head room for the driver. I am 6,3". Overall solid car nothin wrong with it. But very most of all very dependable car and brand. Way better than the imports