Used 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

My Last Chevy
By Tim Little

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the Monte's after owning a '98. But now I am ready for a divorce. Paint is flaking off, sunroof no longer works, head light sockets keep melting, random rattling sounds under the car, bad a/c unit and broken seatbelt covers. And what did Chevy do about it when I called them? They gave me a survey about my Chevy ownership history and then told me that I was out of luck, that the paint problem was because of living in New England. Since I don't plan on moving, I apparently am discluded from owning any more Chevy's. Of course, after they told me I was on my own with all the other issues, that was the last straw, and I babied this car! Horrible trade in value.

Comfortable seats, sporty looking, handles bumps well.

Improved body integrity, better warranty.

ROBNTER SS
By Rob

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Monte Carlo is a great car. It is very comfortable for our 90 mile daily commute. It has plenty of power with the 3800 series 2 V6. The gas mileage is excellent for a larger car. Average 27.6 mpg city and freeway. The stereo is awesome sounding and the acoustics inside are excellent. Drivers controls are very ergonomically correct. The car rides very smooth on all surfaces and handles well for its size.

Steering wheel radio controls. Excellent stereo. Dual climate controls. Very comfortable seats. Very smooth ride. Fast.

Sunroof is noisy when in vent mode. Needs a shield in front of sunroof opening. Would be fun with a five speed.

One Great Monte!
By Al Larson

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When they changed the body style in 2000, the first time I saw it I fell in love, and it has been a love affair ever since. I just knew I had to get one. I LOVE IT!! The best looking, sleekest looking car on the highway.

Dual front passenger climate control, handling, and fuel mileage is awsome for a car its size

NONE!

I Love This Car
By Krysta

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car. It is the 1st car I have purchased, and I could not have asked for more. It is fun and sporty, but still roomy and spacious on the inside. Its pretty fast for a car its size, and the body shap is inique. It has great curves, and there is not a car on the road that looks anything like it. The car drives like a dream, and in my opinion it handles really well. I love the color on my car, the color is called Berry Red Metalic, and I have not seen one in my area with the same color.

The stereo is amazing for stock, and I love the split AC controls. Makes life just a little easier every day :).

The doors. My driveway is on a hill, and everytime I get out, it flies right back at me.

2003 Monte Carlo, bad power steering
By Rozie

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car serviced 8 times in 17 months for problems with the power steering pump. Eventually, the entire power steering rack was replaced, but the problem is still not resolved. I love the look and feel of the car, but the mechanics on it are horrible. I am a loyal GM customer, but the difficulties that I have had with the servicing of this vehicle are pushing me towards foreign cars with much better manufacturer's warranties.

The interior overall is very nice, and is very functional for the driver.

The front seats swing back into place to easily causing people entering the back seat to get hit with the seat. Also, the doors do not stay open well on their own, they slam back shut.