Used 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Sweet!
By ToddP

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new and have never regretted it, even with the baby. Roomy and fun to drive. Chevrolet improved it a year later by adding a V8 option Only change I would make is that.

2003 Monte Carlo-Great Vehicle
By Staci Koetter

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for purchase price. Great gas mileage! No issues with performance. Graduating to higher end vehicle. Would be a good starter car for a teenage driver.

Black color with XM. Runs great!

Great Car
By SDK-ASK

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought as a GM certified car. It had 29k on it. The price was decent, the equipment level is great. Plenty of power, plenty of amenities. I got to drive it for 3 weeks before my wife borrowed it, she fell in love with it, and has been drving it since. (oh well, gotta keep her happy I guess) I got a new truck, but still enjoy driving this car. Even with 60k-plus miles, it still has plenty of power. Turn off the trction control, and spinning the tires is not a problem. The response from others is still very positive. If you are looking for a 2- door, but are concerned about space for backseat passengers, look no further. This car has plenty. Drive one, you'll love it.

Heated leather seats, moonroof,engine, stereo system, OnStar, overall appearance inside and out.

Front suspension. That's about it.

Ford Can't Beat it
By KEN JOCHUM

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would love to have one with a V8 but at age 63 a V6 goes fast enough. The gas mileage is great. I average 27.2mpg a tank driving at 60-73mph with some city driving included. It has remarkable correction on the road. This car will not go on the block for sale anytime soon.

Sell a few HP V-8s to the general public, not big money people.

My Last Chevy
By Tim Little

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Fell in love with the Monte's after owning a '98. But now I am ready for a divorce. Paint is flaking off, sunroof no longer works, head light sockets keep melting, random rattling sounds under the car, bad a/c unit and broken seatbelt covers. And what did Chevy do about it when I called them? They gave me a survey about my Chevy ownership history and then told me that I was out of luck, that the paint problem was because of living in New England. Since I don't plan on moving, I apparently am discluded from owning any more Chevy's. Of course, after they told me I was on my own with all the other issues, that was the last straw, and I babied this car! Horrible trade in value.

Comfortable seats, sporty looking, handles bumps well.

Improved body integrity, better warranty.