Used 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

It's Just Right !
By trucksollady

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 03 Monte in 05. Had about 25000 on it. It's is still perfect, handles great, great gas mileage, and never a moments problem with it. Almost rides like a Cadillac but also what I really like about it , being 50 years old now & female, is that it still strokes my ego a little without my looking like an old lady that shouldn't be driving a hot car ! Have always gotten compliments on the car. It now has 74000 miles on it and my intention is to keep it for many more years. I think the quality of the car, interior & exterior, motor, etc. is excellent ! I wouldn't hesitate to hop in it & go on a road trip. To my husband's credit, he keeps it maintained for me.

Body style, Handling, interior is great

Can't think of any.

Best car I've ever owned.
By Henry Chantre

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's nearly six years old, with 39000 miles, and i still get compliments on it's looks. It's by far the best car I've ever owned

Just nice looking, economical and comfortable.

I don't understand why GM stopped making this car.

love chevys
By tygable

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car was bought used @ 5 years old but 1 think it may be bad luck. Front brake rotors were shot needed replaced. Front windshield got cracked, then two weeks later a Toyota rear ended me. Although it totaled the Toyota all my car needed was a little buffing compound. Overall the car has been pretty reliable. Gets 31 mpg on highway, 22 city. Not bad for a v-6.

styling is cool, handling awsome!! good gas mileage

silver paint tends to peel,although a 40 mph rear ender doesn,t help.electrical components always a GM nightmare.poor resale!

ss for ss
By sonny

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my '03 SS I bought with 18k in '08 its all black with black leather interior. I have added K&N intake and am planning on an exhaust and ecu chip in the near future. For a front wheel drive car she a blast to drive. This car is my BABY!!

The exterior styling, it reminds me of a rocket ship or fighter jet!!

rear wheel drive and a manual transmission

80,000 mile lemon
By Chad Hyder

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new and have had decent service up to this point. I'm have just started hearing a slight noise in the engine this week and its getting worse, I took it into the shop and was informed that the lifters and camshaft would need to be replaced. This would cost me $2,500,00. I'm checking around for better pricing but it seems this car is no longer drivable until this major repair is made. I just fill I should have been able to get more than 80,000 miles from this 2003 Monte Carlo. Needless to say I will not be walking onto a Chevrolet lot anymore. Its looking like I have been pushed to the superior foreign market. It just makes sense. C-Ya Chevy's!!!!

Looked and drove well up to 80,000 miles.

Need to make a car that will last over 80,000 miles without major repairs. The mechanic states that the engine looks great and he can not understand why this issue has occurred.