Used 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Monte Carlo Rocks!
By jg1fan

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the yellow competition package Monte as it caught my eye and I couldn't pass it up! I loved this car! Everything was well placed and within reach. My only complaint is the small cupholder in front of the shifter. I was always spilling something. I traded this in for a minivan as I was tired of getting the kids in and out of their carseats in the back seat. Now I am kicking myself and going to get a 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo. If you want the best car you've ever owned, buy a Monte! Chevy Rocks!

I love the auto lights, the buttons on the steering wheel, dual comfort controls, the sunroof, the power window and lock buttons (Pontiac's are always backwards, they need to learn from their Chevy cousins!), the trunk room, and basically everything else!

If it could get 50 mpg, that would be the only improvement I can think of! As it is I got over 32 MPG avg., I was blown away!

Best car I ever owned
By angel

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Monte Carlo is reliable and fun to drive. It has incredible get up and go. It handles like a dream. I love the way it just wants to go, doesn't matter if your climbing a mountain or on a flat road this car goes with no problems. I get people stopping me all the time to compliment me and ask about my car. I always tell them that if they want a sporty, roomy, fast and comfortable car that they should go out and get one. I love my car.

The sleek design and roomy interior are my favorite features. I tinted the windows and put some 18" wheels on and it just set the car off. Even though it is a coupe there are 0 problems getting things in and out of the back seat. The trunk is great, I haven't had a hauling problem yet.

Cant think of any.

Great Car!
By Mike Breckle

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It could use a little more power but I'll say that about anything. The interior is alright although the center console has a flimsy top. Otherwise this car is definitely fun to drive and definitely looks good!

Style, comfort

Interior construction

Great Daily Driver
By GsMonteCarlo1

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 Monte Carlo prior to this 2002. Chevy improved the Monte Carlo greatly from 95 model to the 2000+ models. There is more room, better stereo, and bigger trunk. The styling is a lot better as well. The only thing that Chevy messed up was the integrated computer system into the radio. This creates problem with aftermarket stereos and remote starters.

I love the looks. The performance is typical.

More power (done in 2006 model w/ 5.3) and rear-wheel drive. No more integrated computer into stereo

No more GM cars for me!
By Unhappy

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was very disappointed by this car. I've always bought North American, but no more. First, the interior console peeled and had to argue with dealership to replace. Now, paint is peeling in large chunks in wheel wells (hear this is common), taking side body paint with it. It is covered in paint "pops" (paint popping from underneath, not ships as dealer is trying to claim). I am a former paint chemist who knows coating failure when I see it. GM should be ashamed in this day and age of putting this quality on the road. That they do nothing about it says volumes about a car manuf. that I will no longer trust.

Beautiful car. Dismal quality.

Produce a quality product. Stop talking about it and start doing it. Fix the problems you create. Own up to them. My car now looks like a piece of crap next to my 9 year old Chrysler Stratus. And its not even 4 years old....Enough said.