Used 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Comfortable, fuel efficient and luxury

clsharky, 12/21/2014
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Probably one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I bought this car with 154k kms 6 years ago and it currently has 326k kms with no engine issues at all. Aside from regular maintenance, the most expensive repair was the fuel pump replacement @ $600. However, installing it was a snap thanks to the access panel above the pump in the trunk. This car works excellent and has loads of power. The fuel economy is exceptional, thanks to its high aerodynamic rating. It barely revs above 2000 RPM at 110km/h hwy speeds, netting 36-37 MPG consistently. The styling is also very nice, and I am constantly getting positive remarks on its looks. The interior is also roomy and comfortable.

Great Sports Car

Austin, 08/20/2010
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 5 years old, it only had 25k on it. Have owned the car for 5 years and I have done the recommended service on it and it has lasted along time. The car now has 182k and still have original transmission and engine. The car still drives like new. Also this car has a lot of power compared to other sports cars and the trunk is huge.

Monte SS

Mr E, 11/24/2010
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car and so far has been nothing but fun fun fun. The car had 68,000 miles even though the car is almost 10 years old, but when I say well kept! No problems so far except for the warning orange light for tire pressure that stays on which I'm used to now. I would love for Chevy to build more SS's such as the Monte Carlo and the Impala for 2011.

Disappointed Monte Carlo owner

Russell Roebuck, 01/04/2008
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have never spent so much money on repairs in my life! First intake manifold, then Ttransmission problems, next catlaytic converter, next BCM, next thermostat which cost $290 plus tax also oil change every 3000 miles. Radiator and cooling system flushed, Driver side power window unit needs replaced. Seat belt doesn't retract on drivers side. Only a little over 80,000 miles and mostly highway driving. What a lemon piece of junk car and I'll never buy another one. I hate to say but I've owned Nissans for about 20 years before this car and never had any repair bills.

It's ok

ForeignbutAmerican, 10/26/2009
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was much better than my 96 Chevy Blazer but the fuel economy is probably the same compared to it. It is a sports car but as soon as I start the car, it's the the fuel gauge goes down! It drives pretty well and I like the extra umph it gives. But I had so many problems with it its not even funny. Surprisingly, it wasn't with the engine. I had window issues, a.c issues, radio issues, tire issues, axle issues, compressor issues, etc. This is a fun car to drive for the time being but over all, I love my baby and is grateful for it. This is a 2001 vehicle and it is now 2009 and I still get compliments! That says a lot!

it is actually a fun and SAFE car

schatzie, 08/23/2002
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I drove my Monte for about 1 1/2 years before getting into an accident this week. I loved my car, the handling, the acceleration, the quick response, the awesome sound system. But what has really sold me was it's performance in my auto accident. The crumple zones are a feature I can personally appreciate, since the car was totalled, and I walked away with only a couple of little bruises. Not only is this car fun, but it is safe!! This car and the Good Lord above saved my life. I am sold on this car and I am now shopping for my next Monte Carlo -- I am convinced!

Love her but hate her at times

Bad Girl, 08/20/2008
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Monte new, and overall this has been a good car. It still looks great and can intimidate on the road, even though V6. Love the Monte Carlo distinct style, that is what sold my on it originally. Fun to drive but it has had more that it's share of repair issues that were aggravating. Heated seats went 2 times, costly to repair, converter replaced 2 times, computer electrical issues, costly. The transmission had had to be replaced. Also issue with front wheel bearings and the traction system and ABS some type of wire connection issue with that, poor design. Steering column issue too. If it did not have so many mechanical issues I would have been a repeat buyer.

Great car.

Obdulio Santory, 03/07/2002
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I find it to have good handling and very comfortable to drive. It has a good pickup when I need it. The brakes are great for quick stops.

Monte SS

mattyv, 10/05/2002
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great cruising vehicle with plenty of pep in the bottom end when its new. Over time the mid end of the end isn't as responsive. Overall I am still very pleased with the vehicle based on its looks and comfort. All this vehicle needs is a supercharger or even a V8 with rear wheel drive.

This call will get you looks

atomic_rod, 05/01/2002
SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm really happy with my "Monte"! I've had many co-workers ask me to take them to lunch just so they could ride in it. They've all commented on how roomy the back seat was for it being a 2- door. It has good pickup, rides and handles nicely for a bigger car. I just wish they had put a Vortec engine or a supercharger in the SS model. Over all I'm very happy with it.

12345...8