Used 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Excellent Ride!
By jeslynall

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 62K and now have 112K on it. I am in love with the car and can't say that I have has any serious problems besides over $2K in brake work which is linked morely to mechanic than Chevy itself. Monte Carlo is definitely worth the cost and definitely gets looks everytime I drive it! I gave it a 8 on fuel economy because no matter what you do (especially if you are lead footed like me) you won't get much more that 18 MPG, which is actually good for a V6!

Heated leather seats, sun roof, lots of room, sleek exterior, the power! There is a lot!

None that I can think of! If the owner takes really good care of it, you shouldn't have any problems!

Love her but hate her at times
By Bad Girl

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Monte new, and overall this has been a good car. It still looks great and can intimidate on the road, even though V6. Love the Monte Carlo distinct style, that is what sold my on it originally. Fun to drive but it has had more that it's share of repair issues that were aggravating. Heated seats went 2 times, costly to repair, converter replaced 2 times, computer electrical issues, costly. The transmission had had to be replaced. Also issue with front wheel bearings and the traction system and ABS some type of wire connection issue with that, poor design. Steering column issue too. If it did not have so many mechanical issues I would have been a repeat buyer.

Sytle, performance, even though V6. Interior is comfy and adequate for my needs. I like the distinct Monte Carlo style on this model.

Great car as far as looks but I was dissapointed in how many times it needed repair work that was always costly. More reliability under the hood and in the overall mechanic of the car would help.

Love my Monte Carlo.
By 2001 Monte Carlo

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this 2001 Monte Carlo for 6 years. I have had absolutly no problems. It's sporty, yet car seats fit well. Enough power to go without hesitation. There is plenty of room in the trunk. Mine is the "LS" model, I do perfer the looks of the SS better though.

Trunk space. Power. Dependable

The computer system that shows any problems. I still can't figure out how to reset it. It needs to be made easy to figure out. I think low tire pressure reading on the computer should be eliminated because if a different type tire that holds less air's on, the computer always shows low tire pres.

Been my best vehicle
By kars

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new and has held up very well with minimal maintainence. Drives well in snow for being 2W drive. Owned 7 years and only thing to brake down was the lightcover in the trunk.(very minor)

The room allowed for back seat passengers though it is only a two door and the sound system as well.

The rear view mirror seems low and seems to block a clear view.

Disappointed Monte Carlo owner
By Russell Roebuck

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have never spent so much money on repairs in my life! First intake manifold, then Ttransmission problems, next catlaytic converter, next BCM, next thermostat which cost $290 plus tax also oil change every 3000 miles. Radiator and cooling system flushed, Driver side power window unit needs replaced. Seat belt doesn't retract on drivers side. Only a little over 80,000 miles and mostly highway driving. What a lemon piece of junk car and I'll never buy another one. I hate to say but I've owned Nissans for about 20 years before this car and never had any repair bills.

Beautiful body shape, great security features if they work

Do not build electronic modules using unleaded solder. Without the lead you get whiskers that short out the board components. Take more pride in bulding a quality car and quit cutting corners.