Used 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Hey Baby! Nice Car!
By Xplicit Kontent

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car last year. All in all, I love this car! The seats have adjustable lumbar support which makes it easy to make your seat have the perfect level of comfort and you have lots of room instead of being cramped together. I added a K&N air filter and add Lucas Oil fuel additive each time I change my oil. These two things jumped my gas mileage from 21 to 26 mpg(city) and 29 mpg(highway). I recommend this!

Lumbar support, spacious interior, sound system, exterior design.

More power, tighter stearing, tighter gas pedal and a better stock gas mileage

My love let me down
By Hera

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I fell in love at first sight with the newer Monte and bought one in 2004. It was an excellent car for the first year or so then things started to go downhill. By 75,000 miles the car started missing and hesitating which seemed to be fixed by frequent tune-ups but the solution was only temporary. Now, with a year left on my 5 year loan, the car has major electrical problems - turn signals only work occasionally, some of the lights in the car quit working, it has troubling power surges that make it stutter while moving and it keeps killing a perfectly good battery. I was advised to dump it soon by a mechanic I took it to recently. And I too had to replace the driver side window switch.

Stability, handling, spaciousness, looks, sportiness

If they still made them, I'd say the electrical system and the computer.

Driving a beauty
By jay

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed driving this beautiful vehicle. It's a real eye catcher, and iI have had numerous compliments on my SS Monte Carlo. Many thanks to the guys at the Chevy corporation. I just wanna jump up and click my heels!

The style of the body, and the entire interior and exterior.

Make chrome 20 inch rims standard factory furnishments.

I was looking for an Imapla
By Open New Mexico Road

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I was looking for an Impala, but the salesman introduced me and sold me on the sportier sibling, the Monte Carlo. 85% of the 114,000 miles are highway miles...good miles. The 3.8 engine is as strong as the day I bought, and except for two recalls, only had to replace the drivers' side power window toggle switch. Still gets good gas mileage, 30 mpg in the city. It was also comforting that I did not have to trade it in when I had to put two car seats, on teenager, and a wife into it. It actually had more seating space than my wifes S-10 Blazer. Has the original paint, no problems except for highway debris. I would love to buy a 2008, but going to keep the 2000 until she can't go no more

A great sports car for the money (at least back in 2000-2). Handling- holds to the road..right and left turns at 40-45 mph without hesititaton. (Ask my wife..she hates it the kids love it.)

Don't hold the the monster back. That little 3.8 cuts out because there's a thing called a governor holding it back.

Felicity's Review
By Felicity

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I love my car! I love the Monte Carlo! She is so sweet, and so much fun to drive. My Monte is so hot, even when she was stock she was so fly and and her curves all in the right places. She drives beautifully and oh so smooth. I sure hope she lasts me my lifetime.

One of my favorites by far is when you speed up, the radio gets louder to make up for the engine and outside noise. And absolutely the heated seats. I use them everyday, even in summer.

Heated seats in the back. Climate controls in the back. Better stock sound system, like BOSE.