Used 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

the best worst car i ever had
By brent

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

this car drove me crazy bad anti freeze leak and needed a new intake and the block was crack but even through all that it started every single time oh and the starters go like crazy with these cars same as the intake

fast for a 3.1 back seat haha

fix the problems with the intake

I Love this car even though I hate Chevy
By gdaholic

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

Even though I hate all non classic and non antique Chevy's I absolutely Love my 99 Hello Sailor Red Chevy Monte Carlo SSLS 3.1!!!! Very comfortable, so much that I drove 12 hour straight from my home in East Texas to Albuquerque, NM without rest breaks!!!! I drive it to the limit in frequency, distance, speed, agility on the road, etc.

Very quiet start and engine run!!!! Great acceleration, always!!!! Wide Large Tires, Es perfecto!!!! Usually Easy to work on!!!! Comfortable seating!!!! Spacious, Filled it with 7 large people and a person just as tall as wide in my car with no problem!!!! Easy to tell when something is wrong.

Placement of the battery is insane! It is under the windshield washer fluid container and an engine brace! Gas tank sensor float is the first thing to break out of the few things that did.

I Love My Car
By hot mama

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

This was the first car I purchased on my own at 19 years old I am now 25 I have 165,000 mi on it I have had a few issues but nothing my dad couldn't fix. I just had the transmission rebuilt because it was slipping but hey I bought the car with on 45,000 mi on it and I have put over 100,000 on it myself. I plan to keep this car until it dies. Overall I love this car.

The trunk I live out of my trunk. I am a full time student with a full-time and part-time job.

I just wish it had better a better cup holder my cup holder pulls out under the radio and I can never put a cup or can in it with out it falling over I also wish it had the gear shift in between the sets that would be more accessible

where is the recall?
By never again

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my 99 Monte Carlo used with 22000 miles on it. It went good for 3 yrs and then antifreeze started leaking for the first time. Still under warranty, the dealership fixed the intake manifold gasket. GM knows they have a problem with the material the manifold is made of, it warps and antifreeze starts leaking. The car now has 170,000 miles and i just replaced the manifold gasket for the 4th time at about $450 each time. GM needs to own up to the issues they have with the cars they make. I wrote to them but received no response. I see so many issues they just ignore and that is no way to treat your customers! I for one will never buy a GM product again!!

Body style

Fix the intake manifold so it doesn't leak and when you see you have so many complaints... issue a recall!

Good car
By joker42369

1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

This is a very good car for any time of the year. The 3.1 liter model still came with leather seats for me, and gets good gas mileage while still putting in some good power. It's pretty heavy, but that's OK for the winter. It has always started up for me and never given me any problems. It's in my family to stay.

Rims, leather seats, leg room (fornt and back) trunk space, torque, reliability

Lighter, faster, lowered front bumper, better handling