It's a wallflower no more. If you're shopping for a midsize family sedan, the fully redesigned 2016 Chevrolet Malibu can be put on your test-drive list. It might not be as polished as some rivals, but you'll find it to be plenty practical and surprisingly fun to drive.
- Spacious interior with tall-person-friendly front seats
- Sporty handling around turns
- Hybrid version is respectably quick to accelerate
- Strong brakes
- Responsive and intuitive 8-inch touchscreen interface with sharp graphics.
- Mediocre acceleration from base 1.5-liter engine
- Some low-speed lurches from transmission
- Sparsely equipped base L trim
- Touchscreen prone to harsh reflections and obscuring fingerprints
- Distracting sun reflections from interior trim.