Used 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

JUNK JUNK JUNK
By MICH-0711

2016 Chevrolet Malibu LT w/1LT 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Had this car 1.5 years and was at the dealer over a dozen time. I tried to buy an American Car... Very bad choice. I now have a Camry and can sleep at night.

WORST CAR I EVER OWNED
By JPS0711

2016 Chevrolet Malibu LT w/1LT 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Water in trunk, Oil leaks. Seat loose, Shifter problems, Recalls. I had the car for 18 months and went to the dealer about 20 times. NEVER BUYING AMERICAN AGAIN!!

My dad is Malibu Man
By PrizmGurl

2016 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Over 2.5 years ago, my dad bought a new 2016 Malibu, a burgundy one he named Lucille. So far, with just over 15,000 miles, she's had maintenance and being out of alignment after contact with a curb when she was a year old. Also was part of the recalls on these Malibus.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Ariele

2016 Chevrolet Malibu LT w/1LT 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car brand new less than 2 years ago. Since then, it has been to the shop SIX times for different manufacturing problems with the car. One of them, they had to re-write the entire computer software keeping my car for almost an entire month.

Chevy should be ashamed
By Matt Purkins

2016 Chevrolet Malibu LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

All the reviews were so positive on this car.....it has been nothing but a lemon since it left the lot. Constantly have the check engine light on for anything from emission sensor to transmission issues. Gas pedal shorted out going 55 mph. Needed pistons replaced at 61,000 (conveniently after the warranty ran out). Stabiltrack goes out but when you turn car off and restart it's fine. It's lost power and died on an interstate twice. Now it's in the shop with electrical issues. Won't stop overheating. Needs a new battery because something is draining it. Starter is fried. The last time I was able to drive it the message screen told me to roll my windows down! GM won't stand behind it....they tell me to talk to the dealer. Dealer says it's between GM and me. I will never own another GM product. Bought because I needed a reliable car with good MPG. It's spent most of the last year in the shop. So disappointed in Chevy and their dealerships.