The 2014 Chevrolet Malibu competes in a class overflowing with talent. Although it doesn't stand out as an all-star pick for a midsize family sedan, the Malibu's credentials are solid and it still deserves a spot on your test-drive list.
- Upscale interior design
- Composed and comfortable ride
- High fuel economy from 2.4- and 2.5-liter engines
- Strong turbocharged engine
- Excellent crash test scores.
- Less rear legroom than competitors
- Transmission makes 2.4-liter Eco model feel sluggish
- Oddly shaped trunk space in the 2.4-liter Eco.