Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

STEERING WHEEL LOCKS WHILE DRIVING
By Kathy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

2013 Malibu with 47,000 miles. Purchased 2015 (Certified Pre-owned)

Dealership charged me to resolve a steering wheel locking issue. The problem was caused by the battery cable connector wire not holding it’s voltage. The dealership states that this issue falls under normal ware on the vehicle and it is not covered under my warranty or the extended warranty I purchased.

How could a safety issue possible fall under Normal ware. The response from dealership, extended warranty person and Chevrolet Corp has been complacent. NO ONE IS WILLING TO HELP ME WITH THIS MANNER. I feel I should no pay for the repairs ($737). The only person who recognized this as a safety issue was the mechanic that worked on my car. He test drove the car and experience the steering wheel locking while driving in the middle of a round about. The only way to resolve the issue at that time was to turn the car off then on. You can well imagine how frightened when this happened to me.

The Chevy Malibu is being advertised as an electronic car of the future. How can you state that when the cable wires connected to the battery can’t handle the pull of multiple devices.

In the shop every month
By Tommy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Bought this car with 48k miles and now has 78k. Since I've had it I've replaced a wheel bearing, the heat is climate control and when you turn it on 60 it feels like it's on the highest setting and the only way to turn it down it to turn the ac on. Not fun when it's 15-20 degrees outside in the winter and 85-90 in the summer. The radio will freeze from time to time. Won't let me turn it down, change the station, or even turn it off! I'm constantly on the road mostly highway miles and only get 28-29 mpg. Being that it's supposed to be a type of hybrid I'm not very impressed. This is my first and last time owning a Chevy sedan.

Just hit 30,000 miles and not a glitch.
By russrusscase@yahoo.com

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

This is my third Chevrolet product and never a problem. They really build a great truck and automobile. I was and wax regulary and it looks like the day I drove it out of the showroom. So many standard featrues and great comfort. I always service at the dealer and feel like I've saved a ton of money and issues. Absolutley care free driving these past 3 years for me. If you find a clean, low mileage one, buy it.

2013 Malibu
By Tanya

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my 2013 Malibu I really like the car but I only had it a week & it's overheating already gotta take it 2 get fixed asap

Electrical problems
By Patrick

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My 2013 Malibu 2LT is having a major issue that can cause a serious accident.. The steering and all electronics shut down while I'm driving. The motor remains running but all electronics shut completely down. The dealer won't fix this issue and I will put the biggest lawsuit on Chevy if I get into an accident