Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

50K and climbing without issue
By KS BB Ref

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Tested other cars in this class and decided to go with Malibu based on those tests. The 2.5L engine does very well, interior comfort is excellent with both front seats having electronic controls, the ride is very quiet and the handling is superior to the Accord, Optima, Sonata, Camry or Fusion. The only car that had a slightly better ride was the Buick Regal which was another $2K. Just turned 50K on miles and the car still rides and handles like it rolled off the showroom floor. I have installed a K&N air filter and that has given me about a 4% increase in fuel mileage. I am averaging 25-26mpg in city and 28+ on the highway with a best of 33mpg. Entertainment system is also extremely good with easy to use touch screen and excellent Pioneer speakers that produce great sound. I work on my own cars and this vehicle has been very easy to maintain. oil changes are a snap and other service needs are minimal and easy to perform. I am considering the purchase of another Malibu (used) for my daughter when she graduates from college. If you are considering the Malibu as your next vehicle, you will not be disappointed.

Awesome vehicle
By Kris

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco 4dr Sedan w/Premium Audio (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

My very first vehicle and I loved it!

I can actually fit in this comfortably
By That tall guy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/1LT (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is spacious in the front seat a lot more roomy than my old civic si that I gave to my brother. Very nice car transmission is a little worrisome because sometimes it drops the RPM too low for my liking. The low rpm makes the car rumble but it has been solid for me and I have put 12K miles on this since buying it with 36K miles on it. Other than a few quirks like the air conditioner coming on full blast with heat and the radio hard resetting. The car is very nice for a really nice price that I paid. I am 6 Foot 2 inches tall and have long legs I can drive this comfortably the car is so nice to steer its like butter on toast. This Malibu hasn't went through a winter in buffalo with me yet that may be a problem because the front bumper is so low to the ground but I will update this review after a winter.

MY MALIBU
By MATT FERRARA

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

GREAT CAR!!!

DANGER! NO SPARE TIRE!
By Dave H.

2013 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has no spare tire. If you actually drive this car outside the city on real highways and roads you need to be aware that you are not prepared for the most common of all road hazards- a flat tire. In the place where the spare tire should be is a tiny plastic air pump with a small amount of sealant. The sealant will leak out onto the ground and leave a puddle of white glue and the air pump is of insufficient power to inflate the tire. You're out of luck. This is a cynical and shameful way to treat your customers Chevy.