Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Malibu for Sale
Select your model:

1 out of 5 stars

If you have it, sell it, and don't ever purchase

Kyle Phernetton, 01/27/2016
LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

What a mistake this piece of junk is. There are countless recalls and they are all on insignificant things. Do yourself a favor and google "2011 Chevy Malibu Engine Power Decreased" and read the reviews about this POS. There is no recall for a problem that costs not only $2,000 TO FIX, but can be deadly. Long story short, there is a faulty sensor that goes out somewhere between 50,000-120,000 miles (roll of the dice) that is going to without warning make your car shake and reduce your engine power. There are stories about people on the freeway that had this happen while driving and their car dropped to 25 miles per hour. Go in to get it fixed, $2,000 to replace the damage this stupid sensor has caused. Don't buy this car. Ever. For any reason. Until there is a full recall don't touch it.

Great family car

barbara jones, 09/01/2016
LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

For the few years between carting kids to practice then college in a mini-van I had a sports car. THEN my kids had kids :-) and I needed a car that could hold up to three car seats / booster seats depending on grandkids in the back seat. There is room and the back seat is a "flat" bench with pre-installed hooks for carseats. Hook to the frame on both sides of the bottom, hook to the frame behind headrest and seats were appropriately installed and *I* did it! Easy in and out as I also transport my elderly parents in the car. Both front and back doors open wide (be sure passengers know that lest the next car get dinged) and I can have Mom put both legs out and on the ground, she holds the bracket and my hand and up we go. I regret that I don't have leather seats, which I've always had. However, the upholstery is of good quality and cleans with a babywipe. I'm picky about dust, etc, and it looks great just driving through a carwash. The computer in the car is so accurate I know when tire pressure needs attention, mpg readout is accurate, oil life

Love this Car

lbillups1, 08/13/2011
LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Malibu in January of this year. There is nothing about it that I do not like. Base model, Summit White exterior. Fantastic gas mileage. I try to focus on my driving habits and make an effort to use cruise control when possible and as result I was able to achieve 39.4 miles per gallon on a recent round-trip to Columbus OH from Indianapolis. Goal was not to exceed 65 MPH. Weekly fill-ups (40% city, 60% highway) always average 27-28 MPG. The car looks sharp inside and out. Chevy created a real winner.

1 out of 5 stars

From bad to worse to rotten

2011nomore, 01/06/2014
updated 01/17/2019
LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had 3 Malibu's 2006, the first totaled by a drunk driver. 110 miles. The second:2006, totaled by a bus. Car accelerated into traffic. I reversed as my choice was a gasoline tanker and a bus. Chevy came out and did full work up. The results?: The dealership had installed an alleged GM certified remote start, upon the evaluation if The GM Rep. it was determined that someone jerry rigged a kit into the car, using the main computer, and several others as a power source. The result of the surges fried the circuitry. The 3rd was traded in after the insurance paid part of the total. This "new" vehicle had many miles on it already, but only had limited funds I started a new job and wanted a newer car for the traveling that would be required. 2011 : This car from day one has been a lemon. It is getting worse. I have 18 k on the car. I get 21 miles on open highway and 17 in city. I have been told by GM to put 20 more thousand miles to loosen it up. Door on drivers side leaks and has "been" fixed only to leak worse. At 40 mph there is a dinging in the right rear. At 60 mhp under load the steering column shakes and rattles the whole car. If you let off the gas it quits. Dealer told me this is "normal". Transmission fluid is dark brown..."normal" too. UPDATE: 3 recalls: Battery has been replace 3 times, due to a short in the "electrical" system. Antenna and grounding cable rotted off. Transmission kept surging. Taken to dealer via flatbed. After 38k miles. Dealer called and asked who put or changed trans fluid? When I asked why? It is I gallon over capacity. The stress from cavitation has taken its toll. The shifter is sloppy and can be put into reverse while driving forward. I met a service manager in the market. He told me that the car" has a long list of electrical issues, which would cost several thousand to fix." His advice was to sell it. I asked " to whom? " JUNK,TRASH, Will never buy another GMC! Mid September: Driving home car started idling rough and stalled, got it home and it quit. Flatbed to dealer. Cam shaft sensor left side.$350 plus labor. Left dealership on my way home car started to shake shimmy and stalled. Back to dealer. Cam Shaft sensor right side $350 plus labor. UPDATE: Car has started making a dinging sound. Dealer told me idler pulleys. Inspection due in Dec. will check it. Call from dealer. Good news passed inspection as it is. bad news," The timing chain is slapping, due the retainer bar and 2 nuts falling off". These were ground up in the engine. Oil filter has aluminum and steel filings in it. "Oh seat on drivers side broke during test drive" Upon checking website: Since 2008 the Malibu 2,2 motor suffers timing chain failure between 50 and 100 thousand miles... Hmmm? Three dealers started in Dec asking for it in trade. Hmm? Offer me 110% of Blue Book. Took it to one dealer. "Well it is good mileage, 1500 max for it". Unbelievable!!!! JUNK from the day I bought it..... Warranties, equipment, Dealership and Chevy are junk. Attorney General no help, Lemon Law no help. 8 By 10 lighted sign in my front yard.: Chevy 2011 Malibu piece of junk. Car with bills, letters and dealers notes. See vehicle. Parked in my yard, All items that do not work are highlighted. Car is open for you the consumer to look at. Note: Tires losing air, rims standard are leaking. Now, gas tank is leaking. Yes, the worst car ever owned. Will not buy, lease or reccommend Chevy to anyone.

4 out of 5 stars

Love the car

ep1, 06/22/2011
LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just came off a lease of a '09 Merc Milan L4 My my new Malibu is so much better in every catagory