Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Not Fun in the Summer
By Malibu10

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Before summer arrived I thought this car was the best, now not so much. There is a "surging" problem with the transmission when it is hot out and to date GM has not taken this issue seriously. I bought this car to support America, a family member who works for GM and now I am regretting it, too bad because if this issue was fixed the car would be perfect.

Stereo Interior/exterior styling XM/Onstar

Minor rattles are beginning to originate from the door panels at 23K - better materials to prevent this. Wider trunk opening, better XM reception, HID headlight option, more powerful 4 cylinder motor option.

Stop whining, reviewers: it's a NICE car
By jes2

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Here's a story for you: I rented a 2010 Malibu LTZ w/2064 miles on it, and continued to rent it, a month at a time (my job required it) continuously for the next 7 months. At the end of my assignment, the car had 20,600 miles on the odometer, I'd become quite fond of it, and it didn't have even ONE DANGED THING WRONG WITH IT. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No rattles, dings, scratches, scuffs, etc, so, after several phone calls and some help from my buds at the rental car location, I started the process to pull the car out of the fleet & buy it. Bottom line: I made a truly good deal on it, it was delivered at the Chevy dealer w/full factory warranty, and I now own it. Still flawless. Go figure!

Like the blue cabin lights for night driving, and the dash bin is very handy for sunglasses, phone charger cords, etc. The cloth seats in the LS are tough on my back, while the leather seats in the LTZ fit me great. The LTZ stereo system, OnStar, Traction control and Bluetooth are great features.

The trunk opening is a bit too small, the LTZ 18 wheels w/Goodyear Eagles look nice, but they're too hard on rough roads. Put the Buick La Crosse 4 cyl engine in the LTZ (it's more powerful). Hopefully, the 2012 models will raise the roof and widen the body an inch or two here & there.

Exceeds our "expectations"
By dtgriffin

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I love our new Malibu! Our Malibu exceeds "all" of our expectations. The standard turn by turn navigation is awesome and easy to use. Hard to believe a family sedan comes standard with the paddle shift, which worked great while we took a drive through the Smokey mountains. We love everything about our new Malibu lt!

Onstar navigation, paddle shift, comfort of the interior. Ride, gas mileage!

Great just like it is!

Love my Malibu except for ...
By Mary Koch

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the looks, the handling, the performance on the hills and freeway. I don't like the blind spots-can't see out back side window if there's a passenger in the front seat or behind me on the driver's side. Children's car seat's don't fit well in the back and no room for an adult in the middle - back seat is smaller than my old Camry. Trunk is small but does hold more than I thought it would. Don't get black interior if you have children! I have grandchildren so they aren't in the car a lot but when they are what a mess!

Driving it is easy, love the sporty look, lots of get-up-and go, love the Info. button on the steering wheel. Also like the XM radio being included.

Fix the blind spot - the window needs to be larger maybe. Take off the Manual pads on the steering wheel - they get in the way.

GM nailed it!
By welderwoman

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love the car! The sunroof really makes it look sharp. I tried the Ford Fusion but the ride was choppy compared to the Malibu.I'm glad I tried the Malibu first because I wasn't happy with any other car. The ride is great, we both have bad backs so the ride was really important. I got a great deal to boot!I rode in a friend's Camry and it just doesn't compare. GM nail it with this one! On Star is great, I'll probably renew that.

Sunroof, dash compartment, extra little compartment on driver's side, good leg room in front and rear, style and of course the smooth ride!

Armrest in middle between front seats, cup holders in middle could be a little bigger and I'll never used the manual shift paddles, it'd be good on a 4 wheel drive truck maybe.