Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Comparable to a "Cadi"
By ogcrew1

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to say out of all the car's I have had (Jeeps, GM SUV's, Saabs, Volvos, Taurus SHO)... This car surprised me! I have owned this car for about six months now and have put 14,000 miles on it... I do mixed driving and in the spring/summer/ fall months I was getting 29MPG(mixed) and 32MPG(full highway). The comfort level is awesome, the 4-Cyl could use a little more pep but still when I need to go it moves.
Overall I would and do recommend this car to friends.

Heated seats, remote start, ICE blue lit speedometer, OnStar, 6-Speed TAP shift controls on the steering wheel, large trunk.

Bigger 4-Cyl, upgraded Audio on 2-LT models, sunroof auto-close function would be nice

Disappointed
By meer

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought car for wife. The front seat bolsters are too high, uncomfortable on long ride. Ok, for smaller wife. Gas mileage is only 24 mpg. Service manager actually said it would get better after break in period, (car is 7 mo's old). The tire pressure fluctuates way to much. I'm always putting in air, Service mgr said this normal due to weather. Also had rear quarter panel pop loose from wheel well. Overall I'm disappointed in the car. We went from a Chrysler Concord with 194,000 miles on it a 3.5 V 6 that got 27 miles to the gal on trips. GM needs to readdress their business goals. I wanted to buy American but got burned.

Redesign front seats, make it comfortable for wide people also. Find a 4 banger with better gas mileage. They are out there. Look at what Nissan and Honda have.

No Thank You!
By gotonana

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car for it's high estimated mpg. If 15.9 to 19 is high then I guess I got what I paid for!!
The dealership tells me nothing is wrong with this 4 cylinder car!!

So far I count myself LUCKY
By beguilingirl

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far everything is going great with my new-to-me Malibu.
It is spacious & well designed.
I commute about 22-25 miles each way to work (mostly CA highways) and I'm averaging 29-32 mpg.
And believe me, I am not going a steady 65mph for that whole time. I am standard rush hour 5pm traffic everyday. I took a 2 hour drive and my mpg was up 33. So far so good. That 15 gallon gas tank though makes a nice dent at every fill-up.

All the internal features are really easy to use and intuitive designed.
Love the sliding cup holder cover!

As far as the steering wheel manual gear shifter, i wish that had been put some place else.
Kinda get in my way but not enough to really complain.

Glad it was a rental-poor!
By rman961

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We rented this car to go on a 700 mile trip. The car is beautiful on the outside, but on the inside, it is made with mostly plastic. The seats could be more comfortable, and the cloth has no good quality whatsoever. Leg room is poor in the rear. The trunk is extremely small and you can barely fit a mid sized cooler in it! I'm so glad we didn't buy this car. Go with the Fusion!

Exterior looks, radio controls, gas mileage.

Seats need to be more comfortable, build the interior with less plastic, make the car a little bigger.