Used 2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

I got rid of it but im stuck for years!!!
By Jay

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used low mileage, purchased a warranty still, little did i know it wouldnt cover anything. 2 days after purchase i brought it back to dealer because of the transmission slamming into gear and they told me that was normal. Fast foward a year and half the car started breaking down, headlights never worked, oil leaked, door locks dont work, car shaked so bad, and actually my car rolled into a brick wall while IN park and the front end was dented and scraped. Finally, my rotors got so hot they melted my tires, last straw, after finding out my transmission needed to be replaced at 83k miles!!!! I still owed 8k on it and i traded it for the bare minimum 1500!!!! I then had to pay an additional 1k out of pocket for even a down payment ( i have great credit) just to get into a better car!!! So fast foward i bought a 2018 kia optima and i love it, however my loan and payments expand to 7 years at 500$ because of how bad this car screwed me over. I will never EVER own a chevy again!!! Pure junk!!!

Junk chevy and gm
By Big D

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Gm is super cheap and doesn't use hardened steel on transmission parts so all in all ur transmission will go out.I have owned gm cars my whole life but will never buy one again. My dad was looking to buy a new chevy truck.but with poor support from gm and not wanting to recall an obvious problem he has decided he will no longer buy gm vehicles of any kind.maybe if they wold recall there junk transmissions they would have more sales.But obviously they don't care about there customers

Great to look at...
By Kerrymel

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Like most cars these days- something major went wrong right after the warranty expired ...the transmission went out. Although I kept up with the maintenance at the dealership/somehow the transmission fluid was black-(sealed pan underneath.)Also airbag lights and tire sensors would not go off. $300 to have a headlight replaced. But a good looking car.

malibu
By Beth

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

for a sedan this is a great vehicle. smaller for getting around in parking lots but not so small that you feel as if sitting in a tin can. seats are bigger in front so you are not falling off set at every corner. gas millage is good and trunk is fair sized. love love love my vehicle.

130K Miles and still running strong
By Chepnih

2010 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. I have owned this car for 6 years. Regular maintenance is all it needs. Engine and Transmission still in great shape. A lot more reliable than accord that I used to own. My only issue is with the headlights. You need to spend an hour of labor to change just the bulb. But after watching a few youtube videos, I changed the last one myself.