Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

If You Are Short Read On
By LoveChevy

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am 5' 2". I have the seat all the way up and almost completely forward. The steering is QUICK. Driving a GEO Prizm for many years was very different. Blind spots left and right passenger. As you can see I don't drive much but I have been told it is a car that can rack up the mileage and is still very dependable. Drove from PA to NM and it was very comfortable.

5 Star Crash Rating. Just beautiful. Interior is great to look at and all the instruments are easy to reach. The LT2 has heated seats.

Blind spot for everyone is the left and right rear. This is due to making the car a 5 Star Crash Rating so this may not be something that can be corrected as 5 Star is very important. Give it Hill Hugger as taking foot off break you go forward and backward even on level ground.

Overall good car
By PLG

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2009 Chevy Malibu LT 2.4l 4cyl. Ive only had it for a week and never thought id own an American car but so far im happy and impressed. It's a really sharp looking car with a comfy and stylish interior much better then the Camry or Accord. The engine has a great set up stuff is easy to access, I'm getting about 20 mpg city 29 hwy, it's quick not like my Subaru but good enough. The sport paddle shifters make it a bit more fun. It rides really smooth, it has a sportier suspension then the Camry which was big for me. The interior is a BIG improvement. Its very comfy, easy to clean, a lot of rear legroom, lots of cup holders and storage spaces. Overall its great car and would recommend

My favorite thing is the bluetooth and onstar, it's awesome. The headlights are actually bright, nice choice of wheel packages, the seats are large and comfy, nice sound system, lots of cup holders, the exterior body style is luxurious and sporty all in one. Remote start is okay. lots of storage spots

It has big blind spots and is hard to see out the back window. would like some handles to grab on and a rear seat center armrest. Back to the remote start its nice but I would rather buy an aftermarket one because it would work from 2000 ft away rather then 150 ft. For a 4 cyl better mpg

Not very satisfied
By mjenkins

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu brand new in 03/09 and I have had numerous problems. I am so tired of this car and wish I wouldn't have purchased it. It's only nice looking. I have had to have new brake pads, door replaced, battery, and now it's in the shop because the entire dashboard shut down and it's jerking continuously. I can't even drive my car. I will NEVER purchase another Chevy!

Satellite Radio,Indigo lighting at night

A car that does not have to be repaired EVERY month!

Chevy hits a home run *look out acura
By Scott

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a 06 Acura and wow, what a much more quiet ride! I had a BMW in the past and the ride rivals a sedan costing 10k plus more.

overall design and gas mileage!

New Malibu
By Bowtie

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car over a year now, rides & handles great. Other than some tiny paint chips (from driving) on the alum wheels the car looks brand new. I am over 6 ft and the headroom is tight for me. I was sorry to see Chevy stopped offering the V6 for 2010 & 2011

Design, MPG and sunroof.

If I new of a dealership that was straight forward (no baloney) and had reliable, informative, and convenient and reasonably priced service, I'd by any car there Chevy, Ford whatever. I think the change needs to be at the dealership level for US cars to regain popularity.