Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Still love my 'Bu!
By Wick

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have put over 54K miles on my Malibu in just over 2 years and still have zero complaints. I LOVE this car! It still turns heads and I find the interior features nicer than that of my friends BMW's. The MPG has been better than expected, even with my 'lead foot'. The V6 is nice and I love the sporty feel while driving. I would recommend this car to anyone. Chevy did an amazing job with this design and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

There are really too many to detail, but I love the two-tone leather, the quickness of the V6, and even the little Chevy bow ties in the lights.

The trunk is large, but the opening is a tad small. It's a bit hard to get much in the trunk with a baby stroller. Memory seats and dual control are the only features this car is lacking.

Traveling Student
By MASPharmD

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used at the end of June 2009 w/ 22,000 miles on it, right after GM bankruptcy and got a great deal for. The major attraction to me was MPG and it had an appealing interior, better than camry, altima, or accord and was priced way less. I purchased it to replace my Jeep Liberty b/c I was going to be traveling 50 miles to and from pharmacy school starting in the fall of 09 and the gas for my jeep would have bankrupted me. Overall, I love the car and have had few problems with it after driving it over 25,000 miles since June 09. It is a good car and looks way more expensive than it cost. Would recommend it to anyone.

Interior lights, two tone interior, sleek exterior, smooth ride, MPG, stereo system

More powerful engine(but MPG would probly suffer) Next time will go with 6 cylinder engine.

Not a good purchase
By msouth85

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our 2008 malibu with 4 miles when we test drove it. After driving across country a few times, at roughly 26k, the vehicle information control module had to be replaced. Now at just under 40k, the catalytic converter is plugged. Also, when cold the transmission will not shift out of first under heavy acceleration, causing the car to say service traction, turn off the traction control, and make the transmission shift very hard. This is the first chevy we have bought, and it will be the last.

On-Star

better quality parts all around, better fuel economy

GOOD Car, "SOFT" rims, BAD sound system
By Vic

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have almost 21K miles on it and I still like it. My wife likes the interior so when our lease for the 2004 Malibu was up we bought the 2008 model. It is not perfect but our dealer takes care of our complains promptly - minor like door striker misalignment and wrinkle door seal. The engine has sufficient power but has an audible drone when driving about 80mph, nice and quite at 70 mph. Two things I do not like in this car. (1) the sound produced by the oem stereo system in my 2001 Cavalier is generations better than the 2008 Malibu. (2) the steel wheel rims seems to bend easily. I had two of the rims repaired in two years - never happened in my Cavalier (9yrs), nor in the other Malibu (4yrs)

Good looking cabin, quite interior, sufficient engine power, good fuel economy.

Improve resistance to bending/deformation on the steel wheel rims. AND definitely better sound from the stereo system.

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr 4cyl
By 2008 Malibu LT

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Malibu pre-owned with 53k,this car caught my eye with the black metallic color and tinted windows along with chrome wheels, very sleek, sharp look, this is a 4cyl, runs great! great ride so smooth, love the interior great i average around 33mpg highway design and so spacious, gas mileage is and 24-26 in town, the bright lights are amazing so bright and covers a broad area for a car, love the small details such as the accent lights, cup holders, compartments, I am 28 yrs old and was skeptical at first if i should get a smaller sportier type car but after driving this i loved it and the exterior look is so sleek and sharp,I am so pleased absolutely love it, this is a keeper.

Keyless start, Interior design with black & silver, adjustable seat and gas/brake pedals, digital info. of average mpg, mpg remaining with current gas supply, spacious inside, chrome wheels,, spacious trunk, the bright lights are awesome, safety features with the multiple airbags, fuel efficiency,

Improve the visibility out the rear window, popping noise when letting off the brake pedal, despite these minor details I highly recommend this car!