Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Should have leased it instead
By kb

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The styling of the car is impressive as it has the lines of a much more expensive car. The ride has been disappointing. Very bumpy and not driver friendly at highway speeds. I was willing to overlook the firm ride if highway stability was solid but that's just not the case. The transmission has a tendency to shift up at low RPM (1K-2K) leaving normal acceleration feeling tired. Although, the 6cyl is very responsive if you step on it or use the paddle shifter instead.

Exterior styling and color (sandstone metallic). Interior leather is good quality with the imitation wood trim is nice. Remote start is a fun toy to have.

Where is the pulldown armrest for the rear seats? Don't understand why its missing. The front door armrest should be leather to match interior. Climate control and fog lights should be 2LT option. Int/Ext color combos are better on 2LT. Ebony/Brick Int not appealling. Many '08s left in stock with it

Quality At a Great Price
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What an exciting car! Not only did the Malibu catch my eye on the road, I couldn't resist owning one after I saw it. Only a couple hundred miles so far. Can't wait for my first road trip.

Exterior design elements were well thought out. Front to rear, a beauty. Plenty of room for me at 6'3".

Glove box is small. Trunk hatch has small opening but trunk space is awesome!

Sporty and Comfort
By redgirl779

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a LTZ and I love it! I like the sporty look and feel of the car. The interior is great and the features that come with the LTZ is excellent. I will put my LTZ up agaist a Honda or Camry anytime.

Interior and the sound system

Head room in get in.

Disappointed
By disappointed

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is what makes me disappointed. I only get 15 mpg in city and about 18 on the highway. This is nowhere close to what the advertised mileage is on this car. The plastic interior is misaligned as well on the door frame.

Improve the gas mileage, please.

Great Car!
By rluck9277

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2008 Malibu, it is a 2LT with 2.4L and 4-spd auto. It is a great car, best ride and handling of a midsize car I have been in. Bought with GM's employee pricing for everyone deal, and saved about $2500 of sticker price. The interior and exterior design of this car are very classy, and look more expensive then it really was.

XM, OnStar, the 17-in wheels are very cool, the 4-cylinder has good pick for being in such a big car.

The only thing I would improve on would be more power from the 4- cylinder, but only if it can be done without sacrificing fuel economy