Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2nd Great Malibu
By SGMJCT

2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Traded 2001 Malibu for this Blk 2007 Malibu SS with pwr sunroof. One of the most comfortable autos I have had the pleasure of driving especially on long trips. Been from RI to far west twice with no problems. Love the 4 wheel brake system, easy to use info system.

Looks from the front & side. Brake sys. Info sys. Keyless start. Huge trunk for tvl.

Need throatier sound for SS. Bigger spoiler.

Decent Car
By EdDav

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used 2 years ago. Has been reliable. Has been mostly glitch free.

Smooth ride. Responsive steering.

Improve interior quality by eliminating hard plastics. Improve exterior styling. Improve interior comfort by eliminating cockpit-like feel. Improve frontward visibility (common problem in many vehicles). Improve quality of cloth on bucket seats, are rough and uncomfortable to skin.

Rattle under the dashboard
By Ed

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Malibu LTZ in September 2009 with 22100 miles. Very clean and sporty. Stereo system sounds great. Only problem is when I'm driving on the highway an annoying rattle comes and goes under the dashboard. Sounds like a leaf stuck in the vent but it's not. It sounds like it is coming from the heating/cooling system. I noticed many others had same complaints of an annoying rattle under the dashboard.

leather seats, moon roof, large trunk,

Coloring on stereo knobs rubs off easily making interior look cheap.

2007 Malibu
By MoJoDaddy

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used Malibu recently. This vehicle has been a pleasure since day 1. I've had it into them for general maintenance and each experience has been great. The buying experience was also first rate.

gas mileage, comfort, ease of use.

My last car
By maineak

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Being retired, I picked this used car in mind that it is probably the last car I will have. I have only driven a 1,000 miles but am impressed with gas mileage (28 mpg) around town. The front seat console is poorly designed and I don't seem able to have things easily at my reach. The heater/vent area has a vibration that is annoying and comes and goes when you least expect it. I know if I have it checked out, there will be another vibration when they put it back together so will live with it. The access panel on the passenger side keeps falling off since it is only held there with velcro tabs. Time will tell if I like car. It will have to go some to compete with my 1996 Olds (best car).

Gas mileage Style Gas miles left indicator

front console adjustable driver seat