Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

runs great but has poor am radio .
By jim

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

overall a good dependable car

Maintenance
By Anthony

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicles home maintenance is a nightmare. There is hardly any information on the vehicle, it's like they never came out with a 2007 Malibu. Not only that they placed almost every sensor on this vehicle in the worst places. Had to replace nearly every sensor at 80,000k miles. Both O2 sensors (very hard to get to places), Purge Solenoid (above the gas tank), vent solenoid (surprisingly the easiest to replace) and a fuel pump.

These cars are crap!
By Kaitlynn Alphonse

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So I paid 2700 for a chevy Malibu with 92,000 miles on it. The car was great .... For the first week. after the first week I started having cranking problems and overheating issues. The passenger air bag sensor is ofcourse faulty. The radiator, heater coil, AND the water pump had to be fixed a week after purchasing. I am not happy with chevy. Also, changed the thermostat and the NEW thermostat was faulty!!!! not a good purchase.

Nice car owned by my wife
By Jim Meinert

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Real good condition just one scratch

This car is a maintenance nightmare
By Robert Reed

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I look at the comments from the first year of ownership from individuals who bought this vehicle new, I see many good comments. The complains come from individuals as the 2007 Malibu acquires some age and mileage and many, many of the complains are the very same I have experienced. We have replace the intermediate steering wheel shaft three times (this is what causes the rattle under the dashboard at 45 MPH many owners describe here), we have replaced the $1600 electronic power steering unit (this is a frequent complaint), we replaced a defective oil filter bracket (a 26 year Chevrolet Service Department Manager said this was a very poor design), we have had the issue with the passenger side air bag/seat belt light going off and on that many people describe as well and recently experience the issue with our fuel gauge needle moving up and down, the gas low chime going off and finally it failed the emissions testing in our county in TN because the fuel gauge issue was really due to the fuel sending unit actually in the gas tank that was defective (as well as the fuel pump) and it cost me $700 to have it fixed. While being repaired for that issue I asked my mechanic to determine why the heat had stopped working recently and they found the water pump was leading coolant. Sadly, this car is one of the best looking vehicles I have ever owned, it offers a very comfortable ride and has a great engine with great pickup but the thousands of dollars in repairs I have spent on it will insure I don't by a Chevrolet product when my wife and I buy two new vehicles cash in two years when we retire. My work car is a 2000 Malibu and besides the ignition switch recall, I've never spent any repair money on it except for normal tires, brakes, tune up, routine maintenance items.