Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

well I wish I had a ...
By bw

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got 153,000 on this 06 Malibu beginning to have steering problems and other issues still owe so if can't resolve might see how safe in a high speed crash

electiric power steering
By David

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just don't understand why the Malibu was built so cheap.I had to replace the I shaft twice and replace both inner tie rod end and bought at least three sets of tires. Why is that I bought the new Malibu because was tired of working on cars all the time, but guest what I still am. There is no reason for this. When my steering was going out I had to shut the car off to reset, unless I was driving down the road. This is a safety issue but the general motors will not recall this darn problem. Both I and my wife been fighting with gm but not response back to us. But I will turn this problem to nhsta. Some one needs to get this problem taken care of.

Electric power steering who invented this problem

It's A Sad Story
By Joan

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car in July of 2006 brand new.When I took it for a test drive I instantly fell in love.Little did I know what I was headed for. Turned into a full blown relationship with the dealership.I don't blame them.The service department is great!!! 9/06-Rustproofing was done. It's rusting. 1/07-Crankshaft was replaced. 11/07-Need new tires already. 10/08-Steering I-Shaft replaced, new rear brakes. 11/08-I-Shaft replaced again! 8/09-Replaced strut mounts, bearings and ball joints. 3/10-I-Shaft,ball joint,shaft kit and alignment.Tires are "Cupped" and need replacing due to road conditions. Bull, researched and found the problem is due to the struts and suspension.

Love the driver seat. Feels like your driving in a Nascar.

Stand by your product. Admit it's a defect with the vehicle and repair what should be repaired to avoid further problems at the consumers cost.

Good car, but a pain
By malibultx06

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well it does get 33 mpg, it is safe, runs great. Everyone fights to drive it the radio is good. The price was right, bought as a demo. Had a steering clunk had it fixed under warranty at 20k now at 48k having the same issue. The service notice is 06-02-32-007f. And if it hasn't happened to you just wait every Malibu owner has had the same issue and it cost $400.00 to fix and the service manger at my dealership said it last about 5k to 20k miles depending on driving habits.

Lights, seats, radio, sunroof, heated seats, steering wheel controls.

Steering Problems.

excellent crash safety
By carbanks1

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had my chevy malibu for only 3 days when I was involved in a head on collision at highway speed. I was able to correct the skid almost completely before I realized the cruise was still set at 65mph. I tapped the brake to deactivate it, which caused the car to spin into the other lane of traffic. I was hit head on by another car with no injury at all whatsoever (I didn't even get whiplash). The airbags didn't go off, which was probably a good thing in my case. Although the car was totaled, I was safe.

lumbar support on the seats, crash safety, good gas mileage

car is very touchy and susceptible to slipping on ice compared to Buick. There should be a feature that deactivates cruise control in the case of an event like mine.