Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Snow white dream
By midlife love

2006 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This gem was the end result of a trade-in after a recent purchase of a mini-van. I can’t say enough about this car. Super reliable and low maintenance. Great interior and exterior. Spoiler, sunroof, remote start, aluminum rims with 18” tires, 6-disk cd changer with XM radio, cruise control, leather/ cloth seats, leather steering wheel, and room for 5. Great car for any age. Sporty and family friendly. Great & fun drive. Super comfortable. 23-mpg city and 29-mpg highway driving 65 mph. I would buy this Super Sport again and again.

Great interior & exterior. Low maintenance. Super Sassy (SS).

Could improve on gas mileage. Wouldn't mind trading the XM radio for a HD system.

Totally surprised
By chev fan

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'd would like to say if you want a v6 with power that doesn't clean out the wallet. The Chevy Malibu LT v6 is the way to go. We get about 34.5 mpg going 65 mph on the highway. Great quality sound and remote start you can't beat specially in the cold. Sharp looking car and great gas miliage. New body style is totally upgraded from last. I would buy this car again.

Solid ride. Great gas mileage

Power seats

What a disappointment
By Hate Chevys Now

2006 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Wow! I loved the style. I loved the deal. But like mama always said "that which is too good to be true, probably is". After 8 trips to the dealer, they are finally replacing the steering colunm, brake rotors, tie rod ends, ball joints, and brake rotors. These have all gone bad within the 16215 miles I have driven this year. This car rattles, shakes and shimmys its way down the road with great style. Too bad it has a four speed auto when most others have a 6spd auto. I cannot wait to get rid of this car, but its value is still plummeting like a comet falling from the sky. If build quality and rattles with no hint of dealer help do not bother you, please buy mine, it is for sale.

XM radio, Sunroof, exterior style.

Bad quality, poor dealer support, poor reliability.

2006 Malibu-"Just a Car"
By dannielle boilard

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2002 Olds Intrigue for the 2006 Malibu which is a roomy small car. It is very light and blows around on the highway...over 100 kph is almost dangerous. I don't drive on the freeway because I can't keep up with the regular flow of traffic which is faster than that. I saved some money by trading in my Olds, but I know that I traded my Automobile for "just a car". It is way below the standard of comfort and performance that I was used to. I can't wait for the lease to end so that I can get rid of it.

Make the Malibu heavier, more aerodynamic so that it is not all over the road when being driven at highway speeds.

Fastest Mid Size Car I Ever Drove
By steve,douglass

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had the car a month. I love it. I like the handling, the style, the performance, and the quick pick up on the highway. And all the standard features which got me the most. It is a very sporty looking and very classy looking as well. The interior is very comfortable, more comfortablel than the Camry. For a 6 cyclinder car the gas mileage is not as bad as I thought it would be. Bottom line it's a great car and I highly recommend it.

Auto start heated seats. OnStar steering wheel mounted audio controls. It is so much safer to change the station and select the songs on the CD you want. The fog lamps, the automatic climate control. The rearview auto-dimming, with the eight-point compass. Heated outside mirrors, the adjustable pedals.

The steering wheel on the LTZ and the on on the SS should be both the same 3 spoke sport wheel. Also i thing the LTZ should come with a standard 6 disc in dash CD changer.