Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

This car is nothing like the city.
By Katelyn Wright

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

DO NOT BUY ONE!! Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A MALIBU!!! I have a 2006 and I have not even had mine a year and I've had sooo many problems with it. 2 oil leaks and a blown head gasket. I'm in the process of searching for a new car because I can't afford all these problems.

310,000 nd starts, runs and drives like a new car
By Jodi

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has taken a licking and keeps on ticking. Other than minor repairs due to rackoons and deer running into this car, and a small issue (which Chevy took care of) with the power steering cutting out, this car has been a top notch vehicle. Can't wait to see what the next 300,000 miles will bring me.

371,000 miles and counting
By Brendan Blue

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Well I've had my Chevy Malibu since 2006. I currently have 371,000 miles. NEVER had a major problem. Only tuned up once or twice. Have two cars but I prefer to drive my Malibu !

love my 06 LT V6 Malibu
By cody9357

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2006 Malibu with only 81K miles on it, 12000 miles later i still love it. i haven't had any problems with the vehicle other than regular maintenance. there are a few recalls on the vehicle but Chevrolet is taking care of that for me but if you are looking for a family vehicle with a little get up and go then I recommend this vehicle. also I am averaging about 25 miles per gallon if I keep my foot out of the gas pedal. I am 5'9" and with my driver seat adjusted there is plenty of leg room for my rear passengers to be comfortably seated.

the stock radio is really nice even though it isn't bose or jbl. the power of the V6 engine. seems like it takes no time to go from 55mph to 85 mph just passing someone who is driving a little too slow.

the ride quality of the vehicle could be improved seems like I can feel almost every tiny bump in the road it may be my tires but seeing as I have brand new tires I doubt that is the cause. also a rear arm rest would be a big plus although I don't ride in the back seat very often the option would still be nice to have.

horrible car
By adam1987

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

literally two weeks after buying the car the air conditioner went out, i live in Texas and bought the car in July rolling with out an AC was not an option. i also had the same problem as everyone else with the tie rods and the power steering cutting out. but the worst was when i started feeling my brakes locking up. i later found out it was due to the rubber in the caliper rotting and allowing break dust into my breaking system. i didn't have the money for a whole new brake system. so for the last year or so i owned the car i couldnt drive on the freeway. having your brakes lock up at 70mph is EFFING SCARY. im so much happier with my suzuki econo car. not as roomy but way more fun to drive.