Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Magnificent MalibuNice features
By Joanne Keating

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice features, heated seats, huge trunk space, very comfy, easy to handle and sharp looking.

review of the silver bullet
By Ed Jensen

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had very good luck with this car.It has been very reliable.It can sit outside in the winter for a week and start right up at -20 below zero.it has been cheap to own,cheap to maintain and a good ride with decent power and comfortable to drive.For 80000 miles it has been a very good buy.It is is well worn and seen better days but will not die.So I keep it as a backup ride.How can you beat that.

JUNK!!!
By Adam M

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought vehicle with approximately 30,000 miles on it. Problems started around 70,000 miles. Engine died due to defective timing chain tensioner. at about 100,000 miles the sub frame rusted out and failed, trashing the rack and pinion steering. Both wheel front wheel bearings have been replaced around 105,000. now at about 120,000 engine AGAIN!! When we replaced the engine we put a used one in with all new timing chain components... but yet again the engine failed.( "ecoTech" engine) I have bought my last Chevy. period!!! this car has costed us about 6500 in repairs. junk... junk.... JUNK!

best car I have ever owned
By ashley

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car used off a car lot a year ago now. It already had 202,000 miles on it and now has about 229,000. I've had no problems with my car. Love it and so would buy another one.

I would never buy this car again
By badluck5

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this car in 2007 I was happy because It looked prtty good. But after a few months past that's when the problems started. First it was the linement which I'm still working on getting it corrected. I;ve had this problem for years I don't know what it feels like driving a car that has good linement. I can't check my trans fulids I have to go to the dealership which I know will charge me a arm and a leg. Now my engine is shaking when I put the car in P or D. That started when I changed the air filter. the list goes on and on.. I hate this car..

Everything