Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...49

Pros
Cons

Love my boo

Aleshea, 03/02/2006
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleasantly surprised to have an affordable, reliable, American made car. My family of four drove on a long 1000 mile road trip in the Malibu. We got great gas mileage (33 mpg) and we were very comfortable. I love driving this car and found the price very reasonable. It was an easy choice!

great Car

Thompson, 12/31/2006
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. I have owned many lemons. Cant wait to go out and drive it. Glad it is an American made car. I have previously owned a foreign car which has basically nickled and dimed me to death replacing head gaskets twice. Major expense especially when the parts are foreign. This car is the greatest. Best smooth ride. All the neighbors would like to have it. Glad this time I invested in a Chevy. If you purchase one I'm sure you will love it..

What a LEMON!

Suggabuzz, 08/03/2015
4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car has so many problems that I couldn't list them all if I tried. The dash is lit up like a Christmas tree! There are problems with the traction control/ ABS and Power steering. The headlights, trunk pop button, and gas gauge all do not work. Things just fall off and brake constantly. It leaks coolant, as well as transmission fluid. I bought this car with 'no problems' about 4 years ago, and it has been a constant battle to keep it out of the shop. There are so many re-calls i think even Chevy wants me to throw it off a cliff.

Ad
Build Your Malibu
At a Glance:
  • 7 Colors
  • 6 Trims
  • $22,095starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Chevrolet
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

i still love my car but..........

Won't buy another, 09/16/2010
LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Electrical system had a gremlin in it, idiot lights went off for no reason. Occasionally the radio turns on inside the car while you unlock the doors without engine running. Hood latch replaced, auto start wouldn't work, trunk latch replaced, inside trunk button stopped working, trunk lock stuck so you can't open the trunk any of the 3 ways. Service couldn't fix. On my 2nd key fob now and the door unlock doesn't work so thats 2 out of 4 buttons that are useless. Fob is junk drop it a few times and the battery clip inside breaks off. In tank gas gauge is broken. Fill the tank, dash gauge say empty, gas tank low, dash gauge says full. Stirring column replaced. Dealer says it needs it again. Horn shorted

Malibu Falling Apart Slowly

Malibu not so much, 07/05/2008
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So when I purchased my car it was in top shape. Now I take care of my car. Never a mile over 3000 without an oil change, I pay to have it cleaned. Now the problem with my Malibu is that the parts to the interior are inferior. The less expensive plastic breaks on dash with the tap of passenger knees. The gas cap sensor has gone out at 55000 miles. I have replaced blinker bulbs on 4 occassions and have only had the car to a little over 1 year. Power and comfort a plus, If only Barbie could see her Malibu now.

12345...49