Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 242 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

05 malibu with 262000+ miles
By 05 malibu with 262000+ miles

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Runs great just wear and tear on replaceable parts normal for all cars. I fix my broken driver seat for 20 bucks. I fix my inside door panel trim my self just buy the glue clean it up and spray the new glue. If you dont know anything about cars well thats why they dont last. I love my car and im going keep it till the end and fix any wear or tear.

Chevy Malibu 2004
By Rayney O

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is super spacious, easy to drive, and a great option for a first-time car owner. On the down side, the car shuts off randomly when braking, The tire rods extensions are not the most durable, the traction when braking pretty unreliable (the cars skids easily when braking in rain and snow

Sporty Little Boo
By Sharon

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2004 Malibu new. She's just a youngster at 48,000 miles (mechanics, techs, others LOVE her and would take her in a heartbeat!). I just purchased a brand new 2017 Equinox and really like it, but miss the acceleration of my Malibu (that I'm keeping). And next to the 2017, the '04 Malibu looks just about as new - original paint and all! She's gonna' be with me for a while. Not much has gone wrong - sway bars replaced, driver's seat repaired - things I think Chevy knows about. Love my '04 LS Malibu!!!

Poorly made
By mcrogers07

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

If you'll look at carcomplaints.com, you'll notice 195 people reported steering problems. I had an issue with my steering column, which rendered the car as though it was hydroplaning. I paid to get that repaired (because Chevy still refused to do a recall even with all of the complaints). My engine coolant sensor has crapped out, so that indicator comes on every time the car is started. I was told that was also a common problem and would require a decent amount of labor to replace a relatively inexpensive part. There's also a loud vibration noise coming from the front dash when driven. It also dies randomly, but thankfully, as the car has already stopped. The trunk button stopped working so it has to be opened manually. The turn signal lights go out frequently. The display doesn't function if it's too cold.

What a LEMON!
By Suggabuzz

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car has so many problems that I couldn't list them all if I tried. The dash is lit up like a Christmas tree! There are problems with the traction control/ ABS and Power steering. The headlights, trunk pop button, and gas gauge all do not work. Things just fall off and brake constantly. It leaks coolant, as well as transmission fluid. I bought this car with 'no problems' about 4 years ago, and it has been a constant battle to keep it out of the shop. There are so many re-calls i think even Chevy wants me to throw it off a cliff.