Used 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

DECENT

JENNY, 07/18/2003

OVERALL I LOVE MY MALIBU, ITS CUTE, COMFTY AND FITS ME VERY WELL. IF YA LIKE A SOMEWHAT SMALLER CAR... THIS ONE IS A EXCELLENT CHOICE. B/C ITS TOO BIG AND NOT TOO SMALL.

Just middle of the road

slimjim, 04/30/2005

I have had my Malibu for 3 years now and I can tell you it is good all around transportation. It is just about the right size. Has all the right options. I have the LS so it has most of the toys I like having. One complaint I do have with the car is I had to replace the brakes and rotors with only 34000 miles and I blame that one on GM. So, knocking on wood, I can say this has been a rather trouble free car so far. I hope it stays that way.

Repair costs $2,200 for 2005 (so far)

Dave, 07/26/2005

This car was poorly built. This car requires new brakes every 15K miles and new rotors every 30K miles. I followed all recommendations for maintaining my vehicle per the owner's manual. Once the car hit 60K miles, it started to fall apart completely. In the last two years I have had to bring my car to the mechanic for repairs eight times (thank goodness for AAA)!The cost of repairs for 2004: $1,200. The cost for repairs through 7/05 $2,200. List of items needing repairs: ignition switch(2x), ignition cylinder, manifold intake gasket, antifreeze cap, A/Cc. I will not be purchasing another Chevy, or any product built by GM,. They just couldn't discount it enough for me to take the risk!

Malibu Baby

Candie, 03/07/2004

This car is the best car i have ever driven. it's not too big and not too small it's really good locking and it drives smooth and comfortable this is a really wonderful car.

2002 malibu owner

ELOZA, 04/28/2004

I'VE HAD MY MALIBU FOR 3 YEARS AND LOVE IT MY SISTER A 1997 MALIBU THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT MINE THE TIMES SHE LENT ME HER'S I AUTOMATICALLY KNEW I WOULD GET ME ONE