Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Agree w/Good Frosting, Bad Cake
By CM 2000 malibu

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I've had nothing but problems after I bought this car. Water coolant light come on corrrectly because antifreeze did leak. Manifold replaced. Hazard light switch replaced because it caused electrical problems with turn signals. Still haven't fiqured out why there's some interference with the CD playing. Automatic Transmission, had something replaced because it wouldn't shift into reverse sometimes. Rotors&pads trash. From the looks I thought I liked but engine is trash. Other reviews on this site that okay this car because the problems they had were covered under warrant don't make sense. A problem is a problem even if under warranty. Wait till the warranty runs out and you find more problems. I've owned Chevys before and loved them. Other than the engine & electical& trans problems the car's ok. But the engine is the reason for a car

Me & My "Bu"
By Trudy

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

No one is allowed to drive but myself. I wash it every other week. It was my dream to have one. In the late 60's Dad bought a yellow one a standard & that's when i learned to drive a standard. It had spoke wheels a pretty yellow. My Bu is special to me. Love that style. It will be a classic I'll never trade it. Thanks for bringing them back!

The whole car

Go back to 2000 body style

Malibu LS
By 2000 Chevy Malibu

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I love the taupe leather seats in my Malibu LS Gold Edition , I also love the power sunroof, seats, fog lights and cd and tape decks. This car gets excellent gas mileage and is VERY powerful with plenty of standard features. The SFI 3.1 liter V6 handles smooth and is excellent for traveling and fun in the sun. I would recommend this beautiful car to any one who is interested in many luxury and reliability options.

Taupe Leather seats, sunroof, cd and tape players, fog lights, and power seats. And the alarm system. I also love the gold edition trim on my Malibu.

Lousy and cheap interior, sloppy design and favors the larger Impala too much. Wood trim. Ugly rear taillights and would recommend to Chevy and V8 engine for the Malibu. Would like more trim levels.

How fast the 2000 Malibu drives
By raqual keller

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

It drives fast. It has a great engine. The interior is beautiful, white leather seats. I like the entire car. Exterior is excellent. I drove the car from Louisiana to Chicago. This car took me many places. I loved it and my children love it also.

The leather seats, the engine, the performance

Door panel leather torn in small area. Need new water resevoir

My Faithful BU
By Bryan200k

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I got it for the gas mileage and just the right size for me, inside and out. The seats could be more comfortable. Gas mileage, I average between 27.5 and 30 mpg. Once got 35.9 on a trip. Have recurring klunks and thunks in the suspension. I've had the 1 & 2 setting on blower switch go out, and the AC compressor shuts down without warning. The lighter weight of the car is a curse in the wind. Some decent wind, and I have to work the wheel to keep her on the road. Other than fuel pump shutting down, the engine and transmission have been smooth, consistent and no problems, and at 146,000 miles is still running and shifting like a low-mileage car.

Good gas mileage. Good head room, and overall roomy for our family of four. Rides nice on the straight open highway.

More comfortable seats. Needs a tighter suspension for those country roads. Feels mushy on turns.