Used 1997 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Don't buy this one!

Hansenvl61, 08/29/2002
4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but problems. I will never buy another chevy, no lie.

Great bang for the buck

love my chevy, 02/05/2008
LS 4dr Sedan

This car is so fun to drive. The perfect mixture of performance and fuel economy. We bought this car with a lot of highway mileage but it was a great little car. It still is and we have only had small problems that were easily fixed and back on the road. Even the usual gasket problem didn't affect it until over 120,000 miles. I can't complain. Beats the old Ford Taurus by a long shot.

I have enjoyed the car very much...

Chevy, 09/06/2002
LS 4dr Sedan

It has been a great car! I put over 20K miles in the first year of owning it. Had a few problems, but you expect that from any car. No major problems! My car has over 80K now and we still love it.

No problems....but one...

MS, 09/12/2002
LS 4dr Sedan

This car has been good to me. It has only been in the shop once. The intake gasket was leaking coolant. I realized that this was probably happening from the 2nd year on and could have gotten it fixed under the warranty, but now have to pay $600. So warning to new Malibu owners to have it tested. Again, besides this I have no complaints, it has been a reliable car that still looks good.

Not happy

BadMalibu, 09/23/2002
LS 4dr Sedan

Bought car used with 30K miles. Everything fine for the first 10K, then just fell apart. Nothing but problems - wheel bearing went, front end and motor was so loose the car would actually stall from the wires being pulled out when stopping or starting out. Ignition switch went and burned out starter at the same time. Way too many problems for a car with under 60K miles on it. Very noisy, feel every bump in the road.

12345...10