Used 1997 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Poor quality

consultant3, 04/23/2008
4dr Sedan

Purchased car from family/original owner at 40k. 6 cycl. 40k replaced alternator, brake pads and adjustment, battery and tires by 30k, by 70k serp belt, headliner-visor worn, a/c - Freon, now at 78k, oil pan gasket leaks, est. -up to $300. Suspension is bad, you feel every minor bump. This is the fifth and last gm for me. Imports are not perfect, but, this is terrible! I might try a Mazda?

My97

Sean266, 04/29/2002
4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and have been very happy with it from the start. It is extremely reliable.I use it for work and have taken it all over LOng Island.

My Malibu is Great!

ET, 05/08/2002
4dr Sedan

I drive 60-120 miles most days, and this car is great. I've had very few problems with the vehicle, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

So many problems....

briq4, 05/31/2002
LS 4dr Sedan

Leaking power steering hose alternator went squeaking sway bar bushings water leaks brakes last about 10K Squeaky brakes Alignment problems Tires wore prematurely Body Panel Alighnment fit and finish is sub par

Not buying another Chevy

WontBuy2ndMalibu, 07/04/2002
4dr Sedan

We bought this car used a year ago with 52k. Since then have put over $4k in maintenance. It's been in the shop 30% of the time since purchase.

12345...10