Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

my first maxx
By blueoleander

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2006 maxx ss model BRAND NEW in sept. 2009. For all you maxx lovers there is one more left, brand new in silver, ss model with dvd player, onstar and 2 sunroofs. Anyway, smooth quiet ride, lots of power, nice interior, awesome AC, lots of features. I like the adjustable gas/brake pedals, you can move them closer to you with push of button!

adjustable gas/brake pedals, auto headlights, horsepower, wonderful steering(someone said not so good, I think not!)

Others reported strange rattling noise on dashboard, I too experience this periodically, will have it checked. Gas mileage 16-17 city, 17-18 hwy, bummer, I don't speed much either. Needs protective cover for hatchback bumper near door, paint may get scratched when loading/unloading.

STS twin turbo 3.9l ss maxx
By wowza

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the SS Maxx from the first time I saw it. It is naturally fast. Very comfortable, and quiet (for those who like quiet, I prefer a throaty exhaust). I would totally recommend this car to anyone (modded or not)

STS Twin turbo bolt on kit add 200 hp with minimal tuning (Bolted under the chassis not under the hood)

BAD to the BONE and WICKED FAST
By tires4u

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The BATMOBILE.. as our car is Black w/tinted windows. This car will SCARE you. With the manual shift feature you can lay down a 20 foot path of rubber..just like the old days. SS stands for SUPER SPORT again and this car is all that. We love the design and functionality of the car. The rear sunroofs and dvd player make it like our own private jet for fast travel. The torque range is SMOOTH all the way past 100mph. You have to be CAREFUL or the tires will break loose when shifting thru the gears. All I can say is we are one of the lucky few to get to drive this car everyday. After 50,000 miles NO SQUEAKS or RATTLES as QUIET as the day it was NEW, LUVIT SS stands for SWEET and SEXY !!FAST

My Second MAXX!!
By Marla

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I had a 2005 Maxx, and I had an accident, 60 to 0 in what felt like a second! All six air bags deployed, I had a broken arm and wrist (from the air bag) and a burn on my neck from the seat belt and some bruising, But that was all! The car was totaled but I walked away. When we went to get another car, we had to have another MAXX!! We haul anything and everything! We drove to Mesa, AZ for Chicago Cub Spring training and got great gas mileage!! Why they quit making them I don't know!!! but they need to re-think their decision!!

Versatility of the seating and the way the seats lay down!

get rid of the donut tire!!!! rear gate open not just the latch!!

Happy with Choice
By Happy Chevy

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for over 2 years now and has always been reliable in the snow/ice or heat/rain. Had steering shaft replaced because of weird feeling when turning or going over slight bumps. Factory warranty took care of it. Love storage in back as I sue it frequently to haul yard trash to dump site, haul lumber, fishing equipment and radio control model airplanes. Gas mileage is excellent compared to wife's new Buick LaCrosse. Rides comfortable and get very favorable comments from my buddies on looks and ride.

Gas mileage is around 22-24 mpg in town and in the low 30's on the highway. Many smaller cars don't do any better. Comfortable to drive sitting back and listening to XM radio.

Since they don't make these any more, I guess suggestions don't mean anything. But, GM, please make more hatchbacks or wagons so I'm not forced to buy foreign cars that do make what I want.