Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Love this 2006 malibu ss
By technomaster

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I really do love this malibu ss and it drives so smooth and fast. I get a lot of compliments about this car. It has a lot of truck room and seating is perfect for me. this is a car to get for sure. This car is so much better then hatchbacks out there and thats a fact.

The things I love about this car 1.tons of leg room 2.Seating is wonderful 3. Dual Muffler 4. Very Sporty 5. Drives So smooth 6.Very Reliable

None

Great Value!!!
By speedy0001

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great family car the performs well and the reliability has been great. The cargo space is the same as some suvs with a sticker price of half.

3.5L V6 is great for long road trips.

Me 'n' Maxx
By JR

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an '06 Maxx LT with 70k (43,500 mi) on it, in October '09. It's whisper quiet, fast, gets 28-30 mpg, and I love the looks. The one complaint I had was the 'clunking' noise coming from the steering column that seems a common complaint. I sprayed some lubricant on the steering shaft (under the dash) and no more clunk! It's a great alternative to the bigger SUVs and for my needs, very practical, with the folding seats, and removable rear deck cover. The 3.1 L V6 gets the job done quite nicely. Love it!

Roominess, remote start, cargo capacity, appearance.

Start making them again!

Love our Max!
By Paulmary

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had a Volkswagen Jetta, but with two boys over 6 feet, there was no leg room! Lots in the Max, I like sunroof and heated seats.

Lots of leg room-I like the hatchback to get food out of cooler or to see my dog!

My Mad Maxx
By tigerteacher

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Malibu Maxx as a replacement for a much larger car that was totaled in an accident. Went to purchase an SUV, but when I drove the Maxx, it was sold. Great room; lots of cargo capacity; great mpg; easy to get my toddler in and out; inexpensive maintenance. My family has owned many Chevy's and several Honda's and Nissan's. So far we are very pleased overall with this purchase. It was a CPO with extended warranty and I got a GREAT price. I have a 60 mile commute each day and my Maxx handles it with ease.

Hatch is easy to load; rear sunroof gets raves from passengers; rear seat adjusts; great mileage - 22 mpg in town and 28 to 30 mpg on the highway. Luxury car ride. Everyone that rides in it can't believe its a Chevy, they think it is an expensive import.

The A/C died after 70K miles and cost $1100 to repair! OUCH! Also, the steering is electric and can make some scary sounds; I am wait for it to die as I have read about. Needs an iPod interface. HUGE blind spots. Make sure and leave rear seats down if possible for visibility. Why did GM stop Maxx