Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Great buy!
By hawkfan-man

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car in Apr '05 as a left over '04 model. Got a great price on a vehicle loaded with features. Car has been trouble free and still looks and runs like new as we aproach 45000 miles. We couldn't be happier.

My wife loves the remote start. Also it is good in snow, gets nearly 30mpg, and it has held its value fairly well.

None

Disappointed
By Bob

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in '04. After 1 year, it started to give me all kinds of problems... steering noises, suspension, brakes, you name it! Recently I needed a ball joint. Apparently a $50.00 replacement couldn't be found! It was also discontinued. A replacement cost me $300. I drive about 24,000 miles per year, not hard miles though. Can't wait to get rid of it.

I'm so angry..none!

Suspension, brakes, steering.

Maxx
By DeSanto

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle rides well and has plenty of leg room in the front as well as the rear. Handles well and I feel the ride is very good. The heated seats are a plus on cold days. The automatic start should be standard on all cars, as it is extremily convenient. The only thing is the hatchback closing. You have to excert force to make sure it is latched. The computerize display is really good, but the back lighting could be improved, not very bright. All in all I consider it one of the better cars I have owned.

Heated seats. Automatic start. Computer display

Computer display lighting

Must have stood in the lemon line
By Mike of Va.

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the style, handling, and fuel mileage[30.9] but I've had nothing but trouble with it. Pedals wouldn't move up or down. Fuel cap light on. Transmission chain adjusted? Rear hatch release didn't have safety pull on it and latch wouldn't release. Some type of poping noise when making slow turns. And now with 111,816 miles on it, the transmission has failed. If you are wondering I take care of my stuff so no jackrabbit starts or pulling/pushing with this car.

Satisfied
By loretta murphy

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Since I purchased my car new it has given me many miles of satisfaction. I enjoy using it as a "truck" as well as an automobile. The interior design is very easy for accessiblity. Also like the glass in the rear roof with the retractable shades. Great for the grandchildren.

Auto headlights on and off, flexibility of hatchback shelf, all the plug in outlets, especially in the trunk for using an air compressor for inflating floats, air mattresses, etc.

Cannot think of anything I would change.