Used 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Malibu Limited for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2016 Malibu

Jean, 12/16/2015
LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So far everything is good. I'm still waiting for good gas mileage. I'm sure that takes time.

Really? No Back Up Camera??

Tamara, 02/23/2017
LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I took the Chevy Malibu off my list when I realized a backup camera wasn't included in the fully loaded Limited LTZ model. All leather seats....sunroof....and NO BACK UP CAMERA?? Really?? Chevy really missed the mark(et) by not offering that as a standard feature. Some LT models had it with cloth interiors !!! But to not have it standard in the fully loaded LTZ model is ridiculous. Wait....it comes standard in the Chevy Cruze LTZ but not the Malibu. I think the lack of a backup camera has turned many against the Malibu. Its a standard feature on most vehicles after 2013. Wow Chevy...what a costly mistake. What a shame.

Another hit for Chevy

Keith A, 02/23/2017
LT 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought Malibu used with 35000 on the odometer put on in just the first year. Car runs like brand new. Backseat is a little snug but only gets used when young grandkids are around. Car is very comfortable and quiet and handles great at all speeds. Very stylish exterior and interior fit and finish is above par. Took awhile to get used to the touch screen but all is good now. Start/stop works great and is not even noticed. Overall a great car that we are very happy to own.

40K Carefree Miles

Glenn, 07/04/2018
LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 170K miles on a 2007 Malibu Maxx (with a whopping $70 in repair costs) and 100K on the 4cyl Equinox LTZ ($0 repair costs) it was natural for me to look at another GM vehicle. Found a good deal on a GM certified 2016 Malibu Limited LTZ with 30K miles, so decided to go for it. Thus far it has been like the others. Comfortable, reliable and economical (0$ in repairs & 34+mpg on the highway - averages 32mpg in my overall driving). My main complaint in the Equinox (same engine & trannie) was that it down-shifted too far on a long mountain uphill - engine screaming away at up to 5000rpm). The Malibu does a much better job, only dropping into 5th for long/steep uphills. If I have a complaint, it would be that my car has the standard speaker package and I would prefer the upgraded as I have in my two previous GM vehicles. Now up to 87K. New tires. All is well.

There are way better cars!!

Michael Mathis, 06/29/2018
LT 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the most unimpressive and uncomfortable vehicle I’ve ever had the unfortunate privilege to own. It’s cheaply made and just all around a waste of money. I’d recommend staying away from any of these models of Malibu’s.