Used 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Malibu Limited model:

Would Not Buy Again
By Matt

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this car after driving a 2001 Toyota Avalon.

This car is very appealing on the surface, however after a year of owning it is a very high maintenance car. Repairs pop up fast and often, and it needs to be perfectly maintained (i.e. needs a specific brand of oil, transmission fluids, etc.) otherwise the cars performance fades quickly. It’s an okay car, but be ready to spend more on it than the average sedan requires after purchasing. In my opinion, you’re better off paying a higher sticker price on another manufacturer, than going for this car. You get what you pay for, and if I could do it again, I wouldn't buy a chevy, let alone the malibu.

Car has electrical problems, the radio will just turn off randomly, the bluetooth and aux cord features are abysmal, and the car has pretty bad sight lines.

Mechanically, after two years since it was originally put on the road the car has trouble starting, accelerating, and shifting gears (after being at a mechanics and the dealership service for a total of 3 weeks over the course of a month and a half, I was told there are no apparent problems with the car, yet the problems still persist). Additionally, the car is too low - i.e. it scratches on everything (speedbumps, steep hills, driveways, etc.).
Essentially, don't buy this car.

40K Carefree Miles
By Glenn

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 170K miles on a 2007 Malibu Maxx (with a whopping $70 in repair costs) and 100K on the 4cyl Equinox LTZ ($0 repair costs) it was natural for me to look at another GM vehicle. Found a good deal on a GM certified 2016 Malibu Limited LTZ with 30K miles, so decided to go for it. Thus far it has been like the others. Comfortable, reliable and economical (0$ in repairs & 34+mpg on the highway - averages 32mpg in my overall driving). My main complaint in the Equinox (same engine & trannie) was that it down-shifted too far on a long mountain uphill - engine screaming away at up to 5000rpm). The Malibu does a much better job, only dropping into 5th for long/steep uphills. If I have a complaint, it would be that my car has the standard speaker package and I would prefer the upgraded as I have in my two previous GM vehicles.

40K Carefree Miles
By Glenn

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

There are way better cars!!
By Michael Mathis

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited LT 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the most unimpressive and uncomfortable vehicle I’ve ever had the unfortunate privilege to own. It’s cheaply made and just all around a waste of money. I’d recommend staying away from any of these models of Malibu’s.

Lemon
By S Brown

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited LT 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

electronic start doesn't work