Used 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Love my Lumina
By Judith Lloyd

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan

My Lumina has been driven by me only and has given me excellent service. My Lumina has 31,550 actual miles and still has the same tires that came with it brand new. I only drive it work and church which are both less than 5 miles from my home.

It is very comfortable, with leather seats which are my preference. Easy to adjust radio, disc with on steering wheel controls.

The only improvement to my car that I would like to have is a two-cup holder. It only has 1. Sorry Chevrolet does not make Luminas any longer. Great car.

Mega miles and still going strong
By 240000 miles'n'going

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Canadian summers and winters - extreme. AC still running fine; never used a block heater even at -40. Regular maintenance by neighbourhood mechanic. In past 9 years, gas tank, breaks twice, muffler clamp, tires, and recently a ?gasket? that meant the whole engine had to come apart... $850...not bad for 9 years...Honest. Had everything except sunroof...styling now out of date, but was there in '98. It's like my father's car...a living room with plush upholstery. Bars starting to be felt in driver's seat...got a heat/vibrate cushion...now life is great again...

Soft plushy living room comfort...interior colours [burgundy]...heater, A/C, power, all gadgets still running...quiet...good on gas

Bring this back...I'll take two! If I was writing in 2000, I'd think that more height in driver's seat, lumbar support, station wagon version

1998 Lumina tops all cars I've owned
By Ruth Samuels

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 10 years of driving the 1998 Lumina, I have found it is the most reliable, comfortable, safe car I've owned. It has features which I have just discoved many 2008 cars still don't have: electronically adjustable driver's seat, daytime running lights, automatic headlights, a great engine without any hesitation which has always run smoothly and quietly. This car has never left me stranded - it seems to be indestructible and has always been exceptionally reliable. Plenty of room. Most important: no engine or transmission problems at all in 10 years, at 132,000 miles. It could go to 200,000 easily. I have owned a Corolla, Camry, Altima, & Buick. The Lumina has been the best by far!

Great engine, transmission, driver's seat, reliability, comfort, safety, 10 years of trouble free driving! Low cost of maintenance.

Chevrolet needs to bring the Lumina back to production!

Best cars built
By joe boxer

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This has got to be the best car ever built. My '98 Lumina has 430,000 plus miles on it and I’ve done only routine maintenance repairs on it. The car drives like new yet, the power the 3100 v-6 makes. The passing power the ride. All are awesome yet.

Reliabilaty. Ease of maintenance. Build quality

None

Very reliable automobile.
By Lee Mullican

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in April of 2001 with 28000 miles and it has been as reliable as one would want. I had the AC compressor replaced at 45000 and sans the typical maintenance this car has been a dream. Pickup is very good, handles bad weather (snow/rain) well and fuel economy is a solid 20MPG. My only issue with this is the steering ratio is really short.

Power seats, good pickup, solid MPG average.

Steering ratio is short so pulling into parking spaces can be a pain.