Used 1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Terrible car
By Peace0072

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Only had this car for 8 months and bought it with only 118,000 on it. It now only has 134,000. I replaced radiator, head gaskets, water pump, thermostat and it is completely dead and no one knows whats going on in with it. I am very disappointed and would not recommend anyone buying one.

let go driveing
By jj

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Very good car paid only 2500 had it for 2 years no work done to the hard put about 45,000 miles on the cars since I had it. Only thing I have ever done is change oil. Need a car with out a big repair this is the one for you.

it could use a little more power v8 would have been nice.

Reliable
By brucep

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Original Owner. Roadworthy, reliable, midsize sedan. Low mileage for its age (133,700). Good tires and cold A/C. Graphite exterior and interior. Matching color original Alloy wheels.

Reliability and low maintenance costs.

None

should I should I not
By winnie

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

I use to love my car because it had alot of comfort that I had not had before. I am not able to do alot of the maintenance that older cars require and I thought about getting a new one.

I would have to refer back to when purchased. It was the fact I had a/c, now I don't have a favorite feature.

A/C needs repaired and passenger side front end replaced

**THE AMERICAN POWER**
By LUMILORIAN

1996 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car is great, love the 16 inch tires and rims, it's roomy, v6 bullet proof engine, 6 passenger seating, power Windows, and power locks, its very useful you can put a lot of things on it, I traveled far away and never put me off the road, regular maintenance, cheap to have, very quiet car, its not heavy so you can make it faster with additional modifications.

v6 sound, power windows, power locks, remote trunk release, keyless, tachometer, auto trans.

Additional gauges, oil, volts, trans temp. V8 engine. Fog lamps, cup holders in back seat, as the montecarlo slipbench in the back. Storage compartment in the top of the dash. 6 speakers.