Used 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

Lumina Euro
By JOHNS 94 SE-R

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

I bought this Euro off the original owner, 99,000 miles, 3.1 motor which I like better cause the 3.4 needs too much maintence. They are more powerful, but the cost is too high. This Euro gets 20 miles per gallon no matter how I drive it. Very clean, easy to get in and out of. They are nice cars.

Wheels, center console

Better interior, like the dash folding up

Old girl's been good to me
By ken

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in '98 and it's been one of the best things I ever did. I don't know if I just got lucky with it or what, but it's been great. Early problem with alternators, 3 in 2 years. Since then, just keeps going and going. 240,000 on it now. Starting to show some wear this past year. Struts, water pump, rotors had to be replaced. Starting to have other problems show up too, leaking oil, transmission fluid and water. My fault though, I think, I have not really taken very good care of the car. Never changed trans fluid, plugs, oil about every 7500 and never changed coolant, still, it just keeps going! My gas mileage is great for a car this size too,28 mpg. Love another this good!

MPG, size, power, great AC and heat. Reliability and comfort.

Cupholders, battery accesability.

One of the worst enginered cars
By steve

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan 4dr Sedan

Mine died at around 75K miles. The transmission slipped, the heads warpped, and boom, the whole thing froze. All in all, it was a basic car, nothing ever troubled me except the brakes, which were entirely replaced 4 times. The rotor design was so poor that I managed to break the rotor from the spindle and that is very rare.

Factory battery lasted 8 years!

Breaking system needs to be improved!

Great Car for the Money!
By Josh

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new in 94, it has been a great car but recently got rid of it to get a two door. We put 98K great miles on it. We had minor repiars thoughout the life on the car. We had to replace the water pump which was something that always goes wrong with GM cars, nothing new, great ride, great handling, good gas mileage, pants is excellent ours was torch red, car held up great, not a dot or rust, 3.1 Liter engine is great. Never buy a GM 3.4 Liter engine sucked on this car.

Good Stereo had cd player, nice features, rides smooth.

Air Bags, Keyless Entry.

The greatest car on earth
By Rudi Raye

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan Euro 4dr Sedan

We bought this car as a program car back in 94 and I have been the main driver of it. I get great gas mileage and it has had very little maintenance on it as far as parts going bad. I have almost 190,000 miles on it and I would trust it to drive it across the United States any day. We have thought about buying another Chevrolet but I just hate the idea of getting rid of my Lumina! Even thoough it's almost 12 years old, I still trust it a lot. It's like one of the family. Thank you Chevrolet for making such a great car.

The driving ability it has. I can see everything, and at night I have trouble seeing but with my Lumina the headlights are so bright, I don't have any trouble.

The only thing I can think of to improve is maybe the dash. Our dash came undone and my husband superglued it back and so far, so good.