Used 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

best $200 i ever spent
By tucker

1993 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

My dad found this for me while I was car shopping. It was meant to be a temporary car but I fell in love. The lumina never failed to start throughout the entire first Maine winter I put it through, though the doors did have a tendency to freeze open, but as soon as the car warmed up they'd thaw and I could shut them properly. I lived in this car for the summer of 2008 and the bench seats are like sleeping on a couch. I've seriously never been in a more comfortable car. I've never had a Major problem with this car, always routine maintenance done a little too late. Had the car for almost two years and she's in rough shape, but I've put her through hell. I love my lumina and highly recommend!

Bench Seats, seats 6. V6, i clocked 0-60 in like 11 seconds, not bad for a 3-speed auto in rough shape.

why the hell is the battery underneath the wiper fluid reservoir? i really love this car.

1993 Lumina Euro 3.4
By Jim Borgman

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

My Lumina now has 102,000 miles on it, the only problems experienced was the serpentine belt failing and the timing belt breaking. I have had 26 MPG highway and 20 city. The car is an excellent automobile, I just can see myself trading it in or selling it. It has the 3.4 engine which is trouble free, I do take it in every 3,000 for total lubes so the car uses no oil. The suspension is tight and so far the exhaust system is still fine. I do wish it came standard with beverage holders but that is a small need. Love it.

Handling, immediate response, road comfort.

No beverage holders

Will Be Sorely Missed
By Liz

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

My dad bought this car for me in high school and I have had the best times in it. It has an awesome V6 engine that beats all the little Ford Escorts on the freeway. Not very pretty to look at, especially the front, but it has a nice red color that looks great in the sunlight. The only problem I'd say is the rear right brake, which tends to rub against the wheel on long long road trips and cause a stink. The brakes aren't as reactive as many cars, but they do work fine. The interior is hideous (the ceiling is falling in and there are many stains on the back floor), but the upside to the interior is that it is very roomy so if you're transporting tall people they can stretch out their legs.

Fast, roomy, nice big trunk. Pretty good gas mileage. Good radio. Power locks/windows.

Make the battery more accessible, better brakes, nicer interior, bigger glove box, more storage space.

Good, Bad and the Ugly
By big dog

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

We got this car brand new! The handling was excellent. ABS worked great the one night I needed it. We had 230K miles when it gave up the ghost. The steering wheel had a great feel. The Bad: The cloth seats wore fast. The beverage cup holder broke so often the dealership sold them at cost to me. The back seat was horrible for any body over 8 years old. Alot of wind noise. The Ugly: The 4 wheel disc brakes had a recall / class action. Spent almost $1000 on replacing front brakes every 30K miles until I spent $1200 getting the entire brake system replaced. I got $43 in the class action. The tranny went south at 200K /$900 repair. Needed a engine rebuild at 230K. Got a brand 2005 Ford Focus.

The handling!

Recycle.

Lumina Euro
By Eric

1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

I had a lot of fun with my 1993 Chevrolet Lumina Euro. I put it through hell for the year and a half that I had it. It had already had 167,000+ on it when I got it and I drove it until the head gasket blew at 177,000+. It was definitely worth the 600 I paid for it. It was a great buy

The windsheild wipers, spoiler, and gas mileage

Well I am sure there are some but can't think of any right now