Used 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet Lumina

View reviews for a specific Lumina model:

13 Years and counting
By Jerry

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

Bought in 02, it now has over 190k miles on it. Very roomy and comfortable. AC has not worked since I got it. Interior is coming apart. Had to replace fuel pump, breaks, ball bearing in suspension. Several fuel injection problems. Easy to maintain though: Door handle broke once, my dad fixed with a zip tie, headlight came off, fixed with superglue. It's still a great first vehicle.

Spacious seating, easy air control panels. Easy to repair.

Overall it's a great car, just a few problems with electrical and fuel injeciton.

Mina Has Been A Joy!
By Sara

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

We bought "Mina" as I call her with 65,000 miles,from a small country dealer. She was our family car for 10 years, and then went with our son for his last two years of college. She has now been our daughter's for these last 2 years. Except for the brakes (approx. every 18 mos. they need replacing. Defect at manufacture, and regular maintenance items she has been so reliable and has served us so well. We couldn't ask for anything more from this car! Has a lot of body issues now, and we have decided to sell her. Sad, I would like to keep her until she lies down and dies, but, the daughter needs something more safe at this point.

The ride! It's so comfortable, quiet! The power! She flies when needed. Interior exceptional in comfort and style! Body held up for many, many years! After 10 years, I still got compliments on her.

The brake issue! Which Chevy finally admitted too with this model year. There was a settlement, but with so many complaints, we got like $17.00 about 8 years ago. Clearly, Chevy stopped making this car because it lasts too long and has too few problems.

Nice first car
By Jason Bloom

1992 Chevrolet Lumina 4dr Sedan

I am 17 and I got this car as my first car. I got it with 175,000 miles on it. I drive it around 100 miles a day (M- F), mostly highway. I have had to replace the struts, spark plugs, plug wires. I have also replaced the radio. The car rides well. It is a little loud because of the mileage on the drivetrain, but other than that it rides fine. The seats are really comfortable. The gas mileage could be a little better, only about 25mpg. Reliable. Just now, at 180,000 miles, having a major problem with drivability. My trunk leaks. The car also shifts really rough. Other than that, no real problems. Overall, my Lumina is a good first car.

Performance, exterior design, spacious design, sound system is great for a standard model

Cup holders! Center console, better battery placement, better gas mileage, button for trunk on inside of car, power locks and windows

Up to par with any import!
By YankeeCowboy

1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 4dr Sedan

Bought the car with intentions of fixing the rust and moding the car with Z34 model parts. Did some of this. The car is very reliable and quick, I recently took a newer model Trans Am off the line at a red light. Unfortunatly I'm now buying a newer car because I'll be out of college and looking to move. The engine is still great. The Buffalo winters just took its toll and there is body and frame rust, and the rack is leaking power steering fluid. If I didn't need a car to move south I'd be keeping this. Unfortunatly now my stereo system in the car is worth more than the car is. She handles great in the winter! I treated her well and she only got the best. Full synthetic oil and 93 octane gas

I love my bucket power driver's seat! This is the only Lumina I've seen with one. Tachometer, center console, seats are extremely comfortable (and my back isn't great), torque!

There are aftermarket sport brake kits available, I'd look into these because the brakes are they only hassle of the car.

Its been great!
By Doug_in_GA

Bought this car at 60K miles. Now
turning 191k, original engine and
trans. I've probably spent 8c a mile
lifetime to drive this car,
*everything* included
(ins,gas,maint,repair, orig cost). Its
never left me stranded. I'm ready for
something new, but will drive this as
long as it passes emissions.

Reliability, cold A/C, hot heat, and front bench seat is wide/long enough to nap on!