Used 2015 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

serious safety issue

Frustrated Driver, 11/12/2015
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this beautiful vehicle in March with only 14 miles. Approximately 5 months after purchase, I began having trouble with the engine and Stabilitrak® system.  While traveling on the highway my check engine and traction light illuminated simultaneously.  I was also alerted that "engine power was reduced" and my vehicle would not accelerate when pressing the gas pedal.  I took my vehicle to the dealership for repairs and was informed that one of my fuel pumps had stopped working and the problem was corrected.  In September while traveling on the highway my check engine and traction light again illuminated simultaneously.  I was alerted that "engine power was reduced" and my vehicle would not accelerate when pressing the gas pedal.  I took my vehicle back and wiring in the fuel pump area was repaired. In October the same issue! Fuel pump was replaced AGAIN. GM refused to buy back stating this isn't causing safety issues despite being in a compromising position 3 times with an infant in the car. They offered an accessory certificate. This has been a nightmare. **update** After much back and forth and getting legal support the car was deemed a lemon and I was offered a complete refund. I decided against another GMC vehicle due to the poor customer service and support I received during this ordeal.

Interesting

Tre Dennis, 02/10/2016
LS 4dr Sedan w/1LS (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has many things going for it. The looks: This vehicle is a shark on the road. It demands respect by the front fascia alone. Even though you may have the 4 cylinder, just but the way it looks people will automatically guess its a 6. Its very roomy on the inside and isn't made with cheap material. If you don't mind washing it often Id perfer the deep black. A nice coat of yellow wax will leave heads turning. Performance: I personally have the 4 cylinder. The 6 is not really practical for me right now being that I am trying to simplify. Better gas as well ofcourse and cheaper insurance. It is not the quickest off the line but once it gets going it really moves! It is fairly quick for a full size vehicle with a naturally aspiriated 4 cylinder. I would definately recommend this car. After my lease is up I may opt for the LTZ or go another route. But this car will do for the next 2 years.

Possible defect in navigation screen design may make visibilty unreliable.

4safety, 04/22/2015
LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While driving, if the sun's glare hits the 45degree front screen in the 2015 Chevy Impala, the navigation picture may suddenly become invisible. This is especially hazardous when in reverse, when you expect extra rear visibility as an additional safety feature.

good sedan

87gndriver, 05/04/2015
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, a good full size sedan. I am 6'5" and found that I have plenty of head room and am not in the least cramped and still have adjustment room left in the driver seat (normally, I run out of room for my legs, not so with the new Impala). You absolutely need the V6, as the 4 cylinder would be highly stressed in this size vehicle. The V6 has plenty of power and mileage is acceptable (I am getting 22 city/27 highway). Acceleration is excellent and the tranny shifts smoothly and efficiently; it likes to keep your rpms under 2400. I like the "manual" mode, which I use in town. Large trunk, rear seats fold down flat, adding more trunk room. A good vehicle for tall people.

Seemingly Common Fuel Pump Issue

Mike, 05/05/2016
LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car about 2 months ago. As I am driving down the highway the service engine light and traction control lights come on as well as two warnings. One stated that I needed to service the Stabilitrak system and that engine power was reduced. I took it to the dealer the same day to get it fixed and got a call the next day saying the fuel pump was faulty and needed to be replaced. The part is on back order as well so it will take at least a week to get the necessary repairs. I did a little research on this and found that it seems like a common problem. It also seems like it might be a recurring issue so I'm pretty worried about future problems considering this happened just 2 months after I bought it. The repairs are covered under the factory warranty so it's not costing me anything yet. But seeing as how quickly and frequently this issue arose I would imagine some costly repairs in the future. I'm typically not one to complain but given the circumstances, along with with the fact that this is the first new car I've purchased, this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I am questioning whether or not I will purchase a GM product ever again.

12345...6