Used 2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Value, Value, Value; You get More Than you Pay For
By mattddougherty

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First, this car (the loaded LT/LTZ models) is meant to be competitive with cars ranging in the high 20/low 30 thousand area such as the V6 Accord. I have ridden in or driven dozens and dozens of these cars in said band and up, such as new C-Class and E-Class Mercedes, 3 and 5 Series BMW, and so forth.

With that said, after getting two brands new loaded LTs (one for me and one for my wife) each financed at less than $20,000, this car screams value, for the reasons I state below, and I think from the person who stumbles in the dealership but gets all the great incentives, to the person who knows exactly what he is buying (like me, having had dozens of new cars in my life), this car is solid.

This car has interior features of luxury that rival (but do not beat) a 3/5 series or C Class - although the leather is competitive with C-Class/3, it is phenomenal. The dash is adorned with burl wood, which is common in every "high-end" luxury car that I've driven, but is particularly nice in this car. Standard, the 2011 LT has steering wheel controls with bluetooth-stereo capability (a HUGE benefit once you learn how to use it that is not in even some 2005-2010 BMW/Mercedes models; crisp, excellent Bose sound system. This car has a trunk as big as or bigger than all others in its class, and there is plenty of headroom and other room throughout the car (I am a big guy, in both ways).

Despite the value for the features, one con, for sure, is the 4-speed engine that gets, what I would consider, below mediocre city gas mileage. Also, I have personally driven 3 and 5 series BMWs that get better gas mileage on the highway. I am not an aggressive driver, and I check how many miles I get out of a full tank of gas. I live in a totally flat area, and this averages 280-300 miles, even with many highway miles, which is not great. Finally, probably due to the 4-speed system, there is a delay in responsiveness in acceleration that is noticeable, but once it "gets up," it "goes." There is no shortage of power. And the excellent handling counterbalances this. You can't have it all.

chevy impala 2011
By wgarcia

got one back on june 17, 2011
put 2,350 miles on it great so far.
this car is great on long trips and short ones
i got the lt

xm radio, onstar, leather, power

Very Poor Visibility
By jedgejr

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car disappointed me with the visibility when backing up and changing lanes.
The back window is small for a sedan and the head rests blocked half of the window and they could not be dropped.
The center head rest actually blocks the headlights of any car that is behind you at night.
There is also a bad blind spot between the rearview and right side view mirror when you are trying to change lanes.
The back windows are also small.
The air vents are also a very poor design.
You have two controls for up/down and left/right.
I've seen so many other cars that allow you to change the airflow direction with less complication.
It is a distraction when you are driving.

Dual climate control and heated seats.

Rear headrests that fold down. Improved air vent controls Better sound system Better gas mileage.

Impala LT
By lovemycar11

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving several sedans and I do mean several I had said I'm not driving and Impala. I decided to drive one to humor my husband. The dealer incentives were great. I drove the Impala and fell in love with it. The leather heated front seats are wonderful and comfortable. I drive the car several miles daily and have never felt uncomfortale. I average 29 MPG and somtimes 30 The car handles like a dream. The V-6 gives me the power I need. The sound of the Bose speakers are perfect. The technology in the car is simple to use and easily understood. Friends that have rode in the backseat have positive comments about comfort. The ability to see out the back is problematic. Edmonds got this wrong

I love the comfort of the car and how safe I feel driving it. The technology is great and easy to use. The heated seats are perfect and lumbar support excellant. I couldn't of picked a better car. Buy one you won't be dissappointed.

The ability to see out the back due to backseat headrests when backing out of parking spaces is a problem. Its difficult to see, but not bad enough not to buy the car.

not a car for weather if you want to drive
By travler2

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for a 2 days in Denver
May 2011. Rained daily. One problem with car is rear view mirror might as well be left at the factory.
Can't see through "lazy boy" giant head supports in rear seats for a view though the rear window. Side mirrors small, no lateral extension, and soak up rain drops until they are useless. I had no vision from behind. As far as forward, the headlamps were so useless I exited the expressway to stop and see if they were actually on. Lane changes were scary at night in the rain given this. Can't report more
because I rented a F150 next day that I felt safe in. One fun comical note on the Impala is a rear spoiler on a car that is a slow as a dump truck.

Inexpensive to rent. Great rebates if you think you want one.

Make driving visibility safe. Improve mirrors. Lose the rear headrests that block any chance of seeing through the rear view. I guess keep the rear spoiler if you think it will sell but it has no engineering advantage on this slow car. Spend the money on headlights instead.