Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

early transmission problems pleague both our chevys
By billman2

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

can't say much good noisy on rough roads and multiple trans repairs have deadlined the car while we still make payments on it.

interior comfort and style

quality control

best vehicle ive ever owned
By andrew97

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove it 2 plus years ago loved it then and as it sits in my driveway now I still love it. I purchased a '10 Impala LT only 1 yr old with 15,000 miles. It now has well over 43,000 and the only thing it's needed was a battery and the air recirculation valve for emissions. (both replaced under war) It rides great, for an American V6 the mpg is not bad at all I get 25 plus on the highway and right around 19 in town. interior is comfy any problems are my fault. only issue I'm having right now is the pass front window motor is slow. with proper maintenance and driving less like and idiot and more like a responsible driver and these cars should last a very long time.

Remote start is awesome, car is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The Bose stereo my car came with is actually really crisp. For an American V6 its got good fuel economy, with proper driving I can get an average of 30 mpg on a 500 mile trip to NY. Leather is ok, but the fact it always needs cleaning is my fault should have gotten black leather instead of tan doesn't help I work around heavy equipment. Ride is the smoothest I've felt in a GM car.

I wish the trans was a 6spd auto, it could shift a little more smoothly, back seats are kind of tight but I drive it so I don't really give a crap, I'm a bigger guy about 6 ft tall and with work boots on it can get cramped in the drivers seat, but if I wanted room I would have bought a truck or a Cadillac. my driver seat has started to tear and the weather striping/seal for drivers side is torn up but once again i'm a bigger dude and its a car getting in and out of it isn't the most graceful thing. cup holders are too close together if they were offset it would be nicer. that's more of an adhd thing than an issue though.

Whistle type air leak
By lura

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 Impala in Oct. 2012 with less then 19,000 miles on it.
When I am driving down the road with the window down and air button circulating air from outside there is a whistle from the passenger side.
If you turn the fan on it stops.
If you have the button circulating the air inside the car there is no whistle with the window down and fan off.
I have been told now that all the Impala's do this.
Really?
I don't believe this is true.
Why would you manufacture a car that when you drive it you can't enjoy due to whistle.
I am fed up with the run around from the dealership.
I had a 2004 Impala and my friend has 2009 Impala and they don't have the whistle

Never again!
By luvtaymae

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...

None

Improve quality.

Easy to Drive Car
By 99snitsky

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like how the car drives with the soft suspension, it absorbs bumps very well. All models come with an 8 way power driver seat with lumbar. I am tall and I have plenty of head/leg room. Mine has the floor shifter and it isn't marked, when shifting you have to look at the dash, very cheap. I like the interior layout of the radio, climate controls, and dashboard. Very straight forward and easy to use/read. On the downside the interior is full of cheap plastic/ fake wood. The car has a huge trunk, it nice going shopping knowing you have room. The back seat is small for a large car. I didn't have the car long enough to comment about reliability.

Power drivers seat, soft suspension, easy to use radio, climate controls, and dashboard. The huge trunk which makes shopping easy. The automatic remote which unlocks the door and opens the trunk, mine came with 2. The car has a vehicle information center which tells you oil life and tire pressure. The automatic headlights, you never have to turn them on as long as the switch is on the automatic position. The inferior lights go off by themselves in 10 minutes, so if you forget to leave them on, your battery won't go dead.

THe floor shifter should be marked. The interior materials should be made better. So-so exterior styling, very generic looking. The heat/ac is always on even when its off. If you turn it off, it should be off. Very annoying for in between weather, your wither too hot or too cold.