Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Watch Head Gaskets
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I rated this car on 4/28/09. During routine oil change at dealer, they pointed out the head gaskets & crank gasket were leaking on 3.5 liter. It was all replaced under warranty and they gave me a loaner. The honeymoon phase is over. It is still a practical vehicle with awesome hwy. mileage. I find the quietness of the Impala therapeutic for my commute home. It's an almost "Zen-like" feeling of peace when I tune out the chaotic world in my car with XM radio. Even with radio off, its just a quiet and solid car.

Love beige leather, sat. radio, folding back seat, & E-85 compatible. I'm happy with the car. Disappointed with gaskets at 21,000 miles but GM made it right. At least gas pedal doesn't stick.

When directing heat for "just feet" a percentage of heat still comes from vents. I have chronic cold feet and like to have it blow only low. But my head gets hot. I have the vents closed but still feel some heat directed toward my head. It's probably only me with these darn cold feet.

Cold midwest driver feet!
By Ally

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Except for poor driver floor heating, too large, tall/uncomfortable headrest and poor interior lighting, car is safe and reliable which are my priorities.

Reliability. Price.

Make headrests shorter so can see above them when backing up. Change angle of headrest so head is not pushed forward. Put more heat on driver's feet. Make dome lights stay on longer - poor inside lighting. Make adjustable pedals standard as well as telescoping steering wheel

Very Nice, Solid Car
By Urocyon

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a commuting vehicle when I had to turn in my Company vehicle. After I bought I thought I had made a mistake since the car seems relatively plain. However, the more I drive this car the more I like it. I have owned this car for exactly one year and have had zero problems. Not one. Mileage is much better than expected. On frequent runs to San Diego I average 32 mpg. Car is very comfortable with ample interior and head room. Styling is growing on me. Stereo has nice sound. Good solid car at a very reasonable price. GM seems to finally be getting the message and improving their products. I highly recommend.

Interior room, mileage, stereo, styling, ease of use of controls, trunk space (it's huge!)

Cup holders stink. They are undersized and poorly placed.

Look out Toyota and Honda, Chevy is back
By ML Boyd

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala two days ago after looking and driving many others from Japan. All I can say is, if you test drive it you will buy it. I could not get this car off my mind after driving it. The interior is simple elegance. Sometimes less is more and that's what I think of the interior & exterior styling on this car. I have owned many cars in my life and none has captured me the way this one has...

Comfortable seating, fuel economy and smooth ride.

More chrome trim on the exterior.

GM is Back in Business
By George

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I picked up a 2009 Impala as a long term rental while awaiting delivery of my new 2010 Toyota. After the first 2 months of driving this car, I have to admit that I will miss it and even have wished I had considered this before ordering the Toyota. I have owned several GM's over the years 60's - 90's. My last a 1995 Grand Prix convince me never to own another. However, this Impala has changed my mind. This is a lower end rental unit and I would have ordered a higher optioned model. My only minor complaint is the outside mirrors, they are small and triangular and NOT heated. This is the first car I have owned in years not to have heated mirrors. This should be standard.

Gas mileage. This car is amazing. I took it on an 800 mile trip and averaged 34.5 mpg averaging 70 mph. In mixed urban driving, I am getting 26 mpg. For a car this size it is great. We have a Mazda 6 2.3L and can only average 16 mpg under same urban conditions. The car is tight, no rattles squeaks.

Put bigger oval shaped outside mirrors and heat them. For those of us in the North, we have frost and ice in winter! Keep up the good work GM. With cars like this, customers will come back.