Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Got it right
By yobuffi4

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive. For a 3.9 L engine very responsive. I get many complements on the exterior design. I have had no service issues with the car and now have 35,000 miles on the car. I get 30 MPG on interstate. According to the computer, it has averaged 26 mpg with all driving since it was new. Very happy.

Car is very comfortable and responsive.

Only knock on the car, noise level could be improved.

Service ride
By jimbo

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive an average of 1000 miles per week at 70 mph most of the time @ 24 MPG. Since I bought it there have been no running gear or A/C problems. In fact greasing the doors and oil changes every 3k is all it has seen. It runs today as well as the day I drove it off the lot.

nice ride decant stereo

Fun car to drive
By Pat

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevy SS is a great handling and performance car I am 71 yrs old but driving SS you fell like a teen again.

Great looking leather seats are comfortable interior in general is very good.

Side view mirrors could be bigger.

The Best Impala since 1996
By BigJon85

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a Impala SS it was that or a Dodge Charger R/T for their fuel management systems. I love the car the gas mileage is awesome for a V8. I want a car that got the same gas mileage or better than my old car (3.0 L V6) with more power this car is it. The only regret I have is buying it where I did. The ride is great my and when you get into the gas it is so smooth it doesn't throw you back in seat but you can tell the power is there. I can get on the highway with a rough on ramp and never wake up my kids in the back. If you like power and mileage this car is it. The wheels are nice but I wouldn't prefer them. I love it so much I want a Monte Carlo SS same style and give the Impala to my wife.

My favorite features is the Active Fuel Management system, the bluetooth, smooth ride, sunroof, love the power

5 or 6 speed automatic would have made this cars 110% better and Chevrolet quit killing off the Impala SS you're crazy

Fantastic
By Steve

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car averages 1000 miles per week at 70 mph most of the time @ 31 MPG. Since I bought it there have been no running gear or A/C problems. In fact greasing the doors and oil changes every 3k is all it has seen. It runs today as well as the day I drove it off the lot.

The simple all plastic interior on the dash and doors cleans up in about 10 minutes. Finally a car without poof and living room crap to maintain. Well done Chevrolet. Safety rating is great and the car feels as good as the rating

Brake rotors warped and there is a front end wobble with over 60% of pads left. I'm not too critical though as the car does have 70k highway on it. Most people with a normal mix of in town mileage probably would have been replaced them by now. Heavier rotors would be better in my case. Great car.