Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

We're going 300,000 miles
By Gregory

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2009 Impala 5 years ago with 28,000 miles on certified used car. Currently have 150,000 miles. I really have no complaints. Not much has gone wrong. Vacuum leak, $350., rear bushings that was causing a clunking noise in rear of car replaced, and just replaced ecm computer for $650. Rest has been regular and scheduled maintenance. Car still looks and drives like new. I learned working at an oil change place, the most important thing about car ownership is to replace your fluids at recommend intervals. And change oil every 3 to 6 thousand miles depending on usage.

Owned my 2009 since I purchased it brand new
By Carm

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have about 50,000 miles on the car now and overall, I am content with the car. I believe with any mechanical item you own, you need some basic skills to do minor repairs to avoid the dealership and a garage where you know nobody. Repairs made to date by me: gas pedal replacement ($80), vent door blend control ($40), rear power door lock replacement ($75). Repairs done by someone who I knew: Head gasket replacement (about $300 including parts, heard that other owners had the same problem). Transmission fluid change ($100 and recommended highly after 50K). That is all the repairs I have completed to date today and overall, I'm happy owning the car. Time will tell if I remain happy :-)

It delivers
By Joe Novak

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It isn't sexy, it isn't fast. Fuel economy is ok but not great. More importantly, it's very comfortable, reasonably quiet, and spacious. Most eimportantly, it's been reliable and inexpensive to operate.

It’s been turned in (company car) but never left me stranded and was reliable and exciting as your morning cup of coffee

Great Daily Driver!
By Michael George

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've been using my 2009 LT impala for the past 4 years and other than a minor problem where one tire would consistently lose air pressure at a faster rate than the other tires I have not had a single problem. Fixing the tire issue also only took 1 day at the shop at an out cost of around $100. It definitely could be worse. Overall this car has served me extremely well whether I'm going to multi-day roadtrips or just driving in the city to school/work. I can't image what more I could ask for from a hand-me-down and I fully expect to use this car for atleast another 2 years before I look to trade it in for something a little faster and more fun.

Shame on you Chevy **SHAME SHAME SHAME
By Don

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

09 Impala, terrible engineering. And its no recall. It could be very expensive for some of you replacing sensors to finally replace the accelerator position sensor (pedal). I'm a tech and it had me stumped on my wife's car for 2 days. Did not buy or replace anything until I was sure I pinned it down. "Reduce engine power" "Service Traction Control" "Engine Light" codes P2122/P2138. Accelerator Position Pedal (APP) costed me $72 without any discount, 2 -10mm bolts & 5 minutes of my time. I'm a Chevy lover and this won't discourage me from any of my other Chevys or any future Chevys. Just don't believe it from the inside "quality control" side of it in our own American dealerships.

ITS A REAL SHAME