Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Shame on you Chevy **SHAME SHAME SHAME
By Don

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

09 Impala, terrible engineering. And its no recall. It could be very expensive for some of you replacing sensors to finally replace the accelerator position sensor (pedal). I'm a tech and it had me stumped on my wife's car for 2 days. Did not buy or replace anything until I was sure I pinned it down. "Reduce engine power" "Service Traction Control" "Engine Light" codes P2122/P2138. Accelerator Position Pedal (APP) costed me $72 without any discount, 2 -10mm bolts & 5 minutes of my time. I'm a Chevy lover and this won't discourage me from any of my other Chevys or any future Chevys. Just don't believe it from the inside "quality control" side of it in our own American dealerships.

ITS A REAL SHAME

what is wrong with chevrolet???
By Catalinaaiden

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hav 2009 impalla and have the same problem as everybody else the traction control light is dying on the freeway is not under warranty that they don't want to fix it the clicking noise in the dashboard went to dealership they wanted $950 to fix it and nothing is under warranty obviously is not something that the consumers are doing it's something that company did when they made this car but then they put a recall in for a key and needs to be redone but don't care about people having their vehicles dying on them on the freeway when they have children in the car can somebody answer me this question and what the hell is wrong with Chevrolet and why aren't they fixing these problems cuz everybody that has these cars have the same problem and what should we do

My father sure taught me impalas
By Andi newsome

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Low miles are best !!! 30,000 or less if you want to keep the car for long if you maintence it right shell do you good

Problems with this Chevy
By Kellie Leonard

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used back in 2010 with average miles. Now on my 6th year everything is going wrong. Here's what went wrong and not under warranty seeing the five (5) years are up: 1.) Car won't shift out of drive into park. $300.00 visit to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2.) ABS light, and reduced power light came on. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer. 3.) Now a load tapping noise from the glove box area. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2 of my 4 door locks don't work properly and my check air bag light is now going on. I can only wonder how much more this will cost me!!!
Very disappointed in the quality of my Chevy Impala. Don't buy!

At 78,000 miles, still drives like new
By Melvin H Hoffman

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car primarily because I needed a reliable, reasonable efficient and large vehicle. At a discount of more than 20% it has proved thus far to be a bargain. Just put on new tires and brakes (although still had some pad left). Have changed oil and filters regularly, otherwise just drive it and maintain it. Only problems have been minor: ventilation door in dash needed replacement ($70); Dash in front has a crack from Florida sun (not unusual), replacement is about $120; otherwise no problems whatsoever. I also own a Mercedes (with $120 plus oil changes, crazy) and I prefer to drive this vehicle. In overall use it has averages more than 26 mpg, mostly local mileage.